Running thread

Having an intensive few days of exercise this week to counteract the upcoming boozy weekend in London taking in the Great British Beer Festival & the Community Shield.
2k swim yesterday, and the same again tomorrow and Thursday.
5k run this morning and will be doing the same again before I head to London on Friday.
Really enjoyed this morning's run. Did a different route to usual, it wasn't too warm & there weren't too many dog walkers getting in the way. And felt like I had something left in the tank to keep going had I chosen to do so.

First 10k signed up for many months now i'm finally getting some kip.

Looks a pleasant venue.

First 10k signed up for many months now i'm finally getting some kip.

Looks a pleasant venue.

What are you doing that’s improving your sleep BH?

6km and 9km around Holkham Estate in Norfolk these last two days. Beautiful countryside, deer, geese and other birds, a lake, nice weather, and no traffic. Idyllic running.

Hi guys, long time lurker on this thread and minimal contributor. Just signed up for the half marathon in Macc at the end of October so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I’m a regular 10k runner between 47-50 mins but never really gone that much further.
TIA!

Hi guys, long time lurker on this thread and minimal contributor. Just signed up for the half marathon in Macc at the end of October so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I’m a regular 10k runner between 47-50 mins but never really gone that much further.
TIA!

If you can hit those times for a 10k you’ll be fine!
Obviously need to train longer distance - do a few 10 milers before that race date and take it nice and easy.
For the race go slower than your 10k pace and see how you feel with a few miles left in the tank. Take all the water stops.

Reactions: ob
If you can hit those times for a 10k you’ll be fine!
Obviously need to train longer distance - do a few 10 milers before that race date and take it nice and easy.
For the race go slower than your 10k pace and see how you feel with a few miles left in the tank. Take all the water stops.
Thanks bud

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.