Running thread

Parkrun 150
Got the official clap! Which was pleasant.
Few beers last night didn’t help but ran as good as I could.
Around 24:55
This course (Dartford) is a slow one aswell.

Just had a look at your stats via today's Dartford results page & they look both impressive and remarkably consistent. Congrats on your milestone & keep up the good work!

I watched the men's 5k world championships, haha the world record is 12 :35 , how fast would I have to set my treadmill to achieve that, :)

Kids you not seeing a time like that makes me really jealous. late 2020/early 2021 I truly felt I could run a 5k in less than 20 mins (I had easily beaten a 23 min 5k)

Now my 5ks are taking 30 mins & I'm more content with that (crazy world)

I watched the men's 5k world championships, haha the world record is 12 :35 , how fast would I have to set my treadmill to achieve that, :)

It's bad enough at my local Parkrun, which is an out and back course, seeing the faster runners on the homebound leg pass when I'm only half way through the outward leg. Makes me feel as if I'm participating in a completely different sport!
Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm taking part for my own reasons, not to compete with those much younger and fitter!

It's bad enough at my local Parkrun, which is an out and back course, seeing the faster runners on the homebound leg pass when I'm only half way through the outward leg. Makes me feel as if I'm participating in a completely different sport!
Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm taking part for my own reasons, not to compete with those much younger and fitter!
i feel im taking part in a totally different sport when im reading this thread haha

Parkrun 150
Got the official clap! Which was pleasant.
Few beers last night didn’t help but ran as good as I could.
Around 24:55
This course (Dartford) is a slow one aswell.
Nice mate.

I'd forgotten to mention my 150th at Park Run recently (currently on 159).
Long wait for the green milestone tee shirt (and those shirts are great value btw).

We hover around 29 mins atm as my and a mate (a sub 20 5k runner) stick at the back with his dog and chat (old drinking buddy which we rarely do these days).

Without the dog and solo I'd be looking at around the 25 min mark.

I'm around one year in with this hamstring injury that isn't shifting so plan to finally see a physio soon.
Suspect it will be a long rest (which I really could do without) or surgery, but unless sorted I can't really step up my running.
Keen to return to track intervals asap.

You’re right in reminding yourself, the only person you should be competing with is you!

All about working hard and doing the best YOU can do.

Mine is 2 laps and I'm happy to complete lap 1 without being lapped. I average just over 30 mins and speedsters doing it in about 17 or 18 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.