Running thread

beat my mate at 10k by more than 4 minutes!
was a very tough one, one massive long hill that went up nearly a mile.
50:54
celebrated heavily after . so having a week off now.
After causing all the trouble at parkrun insulting the fat cunts, it's probably best you keep your head down mate

My fellow blue runners, I am in a conundrum.

Since October 2019 (after deciding to give up the booze and get my life in order) running has become a major staple of my life, it’s got me down to around 10.2stone, 13% body fat & enabled me to run multiple half-marathons & the 2022 Manchester Marathon, this was one of my greatest achievements as I underwent a kidney transplant in September 2004.

To the point then, my best time for a HM was 1 hour 41 mins, & for most of the last 2 years I have ticked over with a 10km on a Monday morning, followed by a 5 miler on a Friday. This was supplemented by 1/2 gym sessions and a long walk (6+ miles) as my plan for the week. Unfortunately since August, I have found it harder & harder to maintain my speed, energy and enthusiasm when running, to the point where it’s proper depressing me that I can’t seemingly do what I used to.

The reason I mentioned having a kidney transplant is because at that time, I piled a load of weight on (having been razor-thin due to illness my whole life) due to the immunosuppressant drugs I take, & was as a result, teased mercilessly after returning to school which if honest, has given me a life long complex about my weight/body image.

Anyway, running has been the only thing to enable me to maintain it, & I am terrified that mixing up my training/easing on the running will lead me to losing all I’ve built, I know weight/body fat % is dictated by diet by up to 90% but I’m in a real rut on what to do. I’d appreciate any advice as I constantly feel my runs are an uphill task, that I am going backwards with me unsure on how to proceed.

Apologies for the long message/life story but just a bit fed up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.