Running thread

Great weekend of running. Went out on the saturday and completed a nice relaxing 11k in the sunshine as a mate offered his place in the Portland Half Marathon on the Sunday.

Portland half is a bit brutal but a really enjoyable race with very varied terrain. The race starts by going straight up heartbreak hill to the isle, all the down sections being stone paths and the most runnable section being a muddy sludge at this time of year. Finally you have an out and back along the road next to chessil beach, which is a bit of a challenge mentally when tired. Added bonus sea views all the way round.

I managed to finish fifth out of 140 as I think a few of the quicks never fancied the conditions that much, sadly as it was my mates place my name wont be logged going forward.

There was a marathon on at the same time and GB runner Fiona Pascall was racing, sister of Beth Pascall ex-record holder of the Bob Graham round. I did pass her and comment on how well she was running.

Great weekend.

Took a week off so far, felt some soreness in the shins, I think going straight to 70km a week following flu has brought on the start of shin splints unfortunately. Will try to ease back in next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.