Running thread

Going to have to withdraw from the marathon, picked up another niggle. Got some pain on the head of my fibula and going through physio for it.

Don't think it would be smart to run it and too late to defer. Best to rest up, do some S&C and build up from a few shorter distances again.

one of the ladies in our running club couldn't do the Manchester HM last year (Autumn one) and I took her place & just ran as her.

it is a joke the organisers don't help out.

Reactions: ob
I’ve only recently found about the Barkley Marathon - watched the original documentary form 203 last night.
Both brilliant and bizarre (the payments for entry etc!!)

I listened to a British running podcast yesterday about the Tunnel race in the UK.
Jesus….insane (see also the Spine race).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/64139029

I'd attempt this, but only if we could use headphones ha

I ran an 11k on Monday and same on Wednesday evening this week.
Looking to push my distances back up to at least a half.

Monday’s was the worse run I think I’ve ever had.
Felt awful physically and mentally. Had moments where I just had to walk.

Wednesday was much better. Might try a longer run tomorrow too ;park run this morning).

Still a month or two off back in physio re my hamstring/meniscus issue (torn/frayed but advice is to try and scaffold my knee area rather than hit surgery).

I've run 3/4 street runs over ht last 2 weeks since my hammertoe surgery in January.

Is it bad I just want to run a 10k plus rather than pussy foot around a 5k run.

Might just do some hill sprints

It's not too bad considering the amount of overtaking and 2 way sections.
The only tricky bit is all the right angled corners, but at least the course is completely flat and mud free which makes it relatively fast.
It's a pretty quiet Parkrun too meaning that it's congestion free at the start, and dogs are banned from the B course so there's less tripping hazards!
Did it yesterday, you wasn't joking about the right angled corners all 40 of them. Will have to give it another go when the normal course is back.

Did it yesterday, you wasn't joking about the right angled corners all 40 of them. Will have to give it another go when the normal course is back.

Yeah, the "A" course is much more interesting. Just an out and back along a disused railway line but with ever changing scenery starting with marshes and finishing with a bit of industrial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.