Running thread

Well done mate. You must have finished last, as everyone else ran a day before you.
Bit harsh that mate, Parkrun isn't a race, if he wants to take over 24 hours to complete it that's up to him, pretty low to be trolling him for it, and your also wrong about him finishing last, I happen to know that that bloke who identifys as a tree is still going hard at it

Peel Parkrun completed in 29:31 this morning.
It was "pacer week" today so on lap 1 I saw the lass with "28" on her vest overtake me, and on lap 2 the chap with "29" on his vest was just ahead of me for most of the time but I couldn't quite catch him up!
And the sponsors from "iPro" energy drinks were in attendance so I helped myself to some freebies.

Going to have to withdraw from the marathon, picked up another niggle. Got some pain on the head of my fibula and going through physio for it.

Don't think it would be smart to run it and too late to defer. Best to rest up, do some S&C and build up from a few shorter distances again.

Going to have to withdraw from the marathon, picked up another niggle. Got some pain on the head of my fibula and going through physio for it.

Don't think it would be smart to run it and too late to defer. Best to rest up, do some S&C and build up from a few shorter distances again.
Shite that mate, so close to the mara as well, rest up and come back stronger

That's frustrating but definitely the right decision. No point setting yourself further back by attempting the marathon. There's often people looking for bibs in the run up so there's a good chance you could get some money back.

Jasmine Paris has become the first ever Woman in history to start the fifth loop of the Barkley Marathon and incredibly she completed it also.

Don't want to sound OTT but it could be argued this is the greatest ever achievement by a female athlete.

For those not familiar with the race, its arguably one of the toughest in the world with the aim to complete 5 loops (20 miles each loop) in 60 hours with the ascent the equivalent of climbing Everest twice from sea level (16500m of ascent and descent). Most either drop out or miss the cut off to start each loop.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.