Running thread

Just bought back dark memory’s.

You’ll be fine mate. The crowds keep you going. On Sunday in my darkest moment, I was leaning against a tree trying to stretch the cramp out and this Asian guy just strolled up to me, patted me on the shoulder and told me what a fantastic job I was doing. It was brilliant from him, got me going again and kept me going till the end.
The crowds are probably the best bit, sometimes we don’t spend enough time taking it in.

Any advise for when I hit the wall at mile 18 ish ?
It's too late to try things out if you've got a race in two days, but the best ways to avoid hitting the wall are:
* Train your body to make efficient use of stored fat as fuel by doing most runs in the aerobic zones - preferably fasted;
* Fuel evenly throughout the race (from the start);
* Use performance enhancers, namely caffeine (in the second half of the race) and beetroot / beetroot juice in the 4 days preceding the race.

You’ll be fine mate. The crowds keep you going. On Sunday in my darkest moment, I was leaning against a tree trying to stretch the cramp out and this Asian guy just strolled up to me, patted me on the shoulder and told me what a fantastic job I was doing. It was brilliant from him, got me going again and kept me going till the end.
The crowds are probably the best bit, sometimes we don’t spend enough time taking it in.

I had a similar experience on deansgate on Tuesday. Was running to Santander bank with the forms to open an escrow account and it was pissing down and I snapped my hamstring. Bloke asked me if I was ok. The account is open.

Couch25k wk2 first run done this morning and felt great.

Tagged a 3 mile walk in as well to keep the weight coming off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.