Running thread

Meh, could be anything mate, used a bike, caught a bus, huge downhill? Tbh if she cheated shes only cheating herself anyway.
Theres loads like that on strava, some of the segments i do a lot have folks with the fastest time ever who clearly did not do it. Fuck em tbh not sure what there is to gain by cheating, its not the olympics or even the egg and spoon race at the local comprehensive.

lol the first mile was uphill aswell , i'm swaying with the bike theory.

Wouldn't there be gaps in her map where she'd paused Strava??? Or does Strava join the dots and assume.
Just joins the dots so to speak, you have to look at the elapsed time to see what they really did it in. My watch has auto pause on it so when crossing roads etc it stops it, means moving time is less than actual time.

View attachment 11803

first Mile is 6mins 44. That is simply not possible by her standard.
does that graph prove a pause or something else ?

how is it possible to run first half mile up too 3min/miles ?!
Click on her run, then scroll down to her time and tap on that again and it should show the elapsed time, you won’t know where or when she paused it but you’ll know how long she took adding breaks in to it.

Click on her run, then scroll down to her time and tap on that again and it should show the elapsed time, you won’t know where or when she paused it but you’ll know how long she took adding breaks in to it.

ive further investigated. Elapsed time is about a minute extra.
her first mile on the satellite map shows a ridiculous zig zig. Then it all goes straight for 2 miles after.

her first mile on the satellite map shows a ridiculous zig zig. Then it all goes straight for 2 miles after.
I’ve seen this happen a few times on Strava when the ‘map ran’ doesn’t actually match the route taken. Once on mine I did a 23 mile run and Strava had me doing times of 2:30 per mile!! Yet my overall time was around the 3 hour 20 mark. It can just play up and I’d guess it’s from her watch transferring it to Strava.

I know this is the running thread, but rules are rules, this thread is useless without pics of said "friend" and has she invited you out for dinner or asked you to share a netflix account lately?

I know this is the running thread, but rules are rules, this thread is useless without pics of said "friend" and has she invited you out for dinner or asked you to share a netflix account lately?
And does she rehydrate with a gallon of buckfast after exercise ;)

Strava is relatively new to me. I only got my first smart phone last year. Strava certainly adds a bit of interest but the idea of "cheating" is utterly bizarre and missing the point completely.

I ran tor years without any gadgets. The favourite running for me is to forget the tech and the clock and the rest of the world and hit the trails and enjoy nature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.