Running thread

I’ve done a bit of running on and off for years. For the first time ever yesterday I’d gone out for a run and 5 minutes into it I managed to have a fall. I misjudged the kerb as I was joining the pavement at a 45 degree angle and proper decked it.

Aside from a fair bit of bruising, blood and scrapes I’m fine. I was quite surprised I managed to trip over when running. I’ve seen a few fallers at park runs in the past, but never really given it too much thought.

Any other clumsy fuckers out there? How common is it to fall while out for a run?

I’ve done a bit of running on and off for years. For the first time ever yesterday I’d gone out for a run and 5 minutes into it I managed to have a fall. I misjudged the kerb as I was joining the pavement at a 45 degree angle and proper decked it.

Aside from a fair bit of bruising, blood and scrapes I’m fine. I was quite surprised I managed to trip over when running. I’ve seen a few fallers at park runs in the past, but never really given it too much thought.

Any other clumsy fuckers out there? How common is it to fall while out for a run?
It's easily done! I manage to trip up a bit but always seem to manange to not fall.
Hope your OK by the way mate, a cyclist very nearly took me out yesterday in Timperley and then blamed me for being in a cycle lane when I was on the pavement. Wanker!

I almost fell recently, on an uneven manhole cover in a dark alleyway. Just about managed to regain balance and stay upright.

I ran from home to our club meeting in November, and fainted. There were about 20 people gathered. So embarrassing!

It's easily done! I manage to trip up a bit but always seem to manange to not fall.
Hope your OK by the way mate, a cyclist very nearly took me out yesterday in Timperley and then blamed me for being in a cycle lane when I was on the pavement. Wanker!

Drive that route next weekend and run the fucker over.

Drive that route next weekend and run the fucker over.
yeah, it's just the arrogance of some of them that's annoying. I am not anti cyclists as they get cars off the road but for him to shout at me for running in his way was a bit dissapointing.

Yes, especially when off road and I do a bit of fell running...literally. Usually nothing serious and I just stub a toe and take a little tumble.

The worst one was years ago down a steep trail and I tripped over a tree root and planted my chin in the gravel. I staggered home covered in blood and needed a few stitches at A&E.

Earlier this year whilst running early morning in the dark I tripped over a rolled up carpet in the road and scabbed both knees and hands. The top tip I learned here from gaz76 is to check for a dead body in the carpet. I didn't think about that and just staggered home.

There's been a few others, such as an encounter with an Alsation in the dark by the canal. At first I thought the bleeding was from a bite but was probably just gravel rash.

Be careful !

Reactions: ob

Decent enough podcast with paula radcliffe talking all things marathon, interestingly she recommends tapering 1/3 off over three weeks, they also talk about 7g of carbs per kg of body weight in the days before the race making huge differences...... 18.2g of carbs in a pint of guiness, might be a long night

Decent enough podcast with paula radcliffe talking all things marathon, interestingly she recommends tapering 1/3 off over three weeks, they also talk about 7g of carbs per kg of body weight in the days before the race making huge differences...... 18.2g of carbs in a pint of guiness, might be a long night

There's so much to read about regarding the taper! I was longing for the taper and now I'm here I wish I could just run.

How many carbs, what type of carbs? Beetroot shots?! Protein. Unsaturated fats. Lots of rest. I can't keep up with it! I'm just going to eat how I generally do, which is quite carb heavy but reasonably healthily. And run reduced distances and at a lower intensity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.