Running thread

I've not been running for about a month now. I'm cycle commuting instead having not done so for a few years for various reasons...covid lockdown, furlough, redundancy, working away etc.

I've managed to build up to 120 miles a week over the past month. The cycling muscles are slowly returning and I've been loving it in this great weather and getting a good buzz from it.

Too knackered to run as a consequence though...so the next plan is to add a couple of runs a week too, but only when the weather cools down a bit!

Woke this morning with pain on my left foot (inside below ankle), suspect old football ligament injury. Thing is fine going to bed last night, only had 2 walks yesterday of couple miles. Looks like rest and ice for while. Gutted
On yer bike !

Wythenshawe Parkrun in 25:12 this morning. It was warm, but beautiful weather. My next Parkrun will be my 50th, and I will aim for a PB, which at the moment is 24:04. Not sure if it is achievable, but I'll give it my best shot. Strategy will be to start near the front so I don't get slowed down by anyone. Also I'll go for a fast first km to give myself a target for the rest of the run.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Not sure if anyone is following but the Western state 100 miler is currently around the half way stage.

Some of the leaders have been running sections of the race posting 7:10 - 7:20 miles. Absolutely incredible over the distance and with it being incredibly hot also.

Easy 3 miles on Tues, 3 today foot/ankle felt ok. Hoping to get back to my HM training plan at weekend with 11 miles which will be my longest

Back to my HM training plan and 11 miles this morning. My longest ever effort, blisters from mile 9, had to walk last mile. That was horrendous but glad it's done
Great stuff OB, 11 miles is a fuckin long way!! Your well on for smashing the half now mate, keep training like you are and you will breeze it. Big kudos

Wythenshawe Parkrun in 25:12 this morning. It was warm, but beautiful weather. My next Parkrun will be my 50th, and I will aim for a PB, which at the moment is 24:04. Not sure if it is achievable, but I'll give it my best shot. Strategy will be to start near the front so I don't get slowed down by anyone. Also I'll go for a fast first km to give myself a target for the rest of the run.

Any tips would be appreciated.
50 Park runs is rather impressive. No tips from me...you are miles more experienced. I think I only ever ran two 5k races !

Still no running for me. After another 100+ miles cycling this week I've spent the day doing bike maintenance/ repairs! My old shit is falling apart at the seams!
Still cheaper than the car though.

Just finished in time for the last hour or so of today's stage of TDF. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.