Russia 2018 ?

TCIB

The main point of this thread i guess is to gauge what people now think after seeing some of the events in France.
Of course i am talking about organized Russian thugs attacking English fans seemingly still thinking it is 1985.

We all knew this would be an issue to an extent however how much more will it be magnified in their own country?

I have had family offer to pay for me to go but i am not. Sure as a fly to a poop your hotel room is getting robbed, Ok this happens many places but here i get the feeling it is almost a certainty from what i know already.
Then you have the main issue of their neo nazi ultra skin head types who are organized (to an extent) and numerous.

Would you have gone but not now?, will you still go, would you go if it was moved to a less volatile country?

I think its probably less likely in their own country, just because the vast majority won't want to be involved, not saying there won't be any trouble, but its less likely.

Should they have the WC ? No, at least not until they sort out their racism (slim chance of that).

Would I go (even if I actually cared about England) ? No.

Know some genuinely lovely Russian people, and it would be wonderful to visit. However, while many on here might fret about thugs battering thugs, I'd be even more concerned about the latent racial hostility that anyone from Africa/the Middle East/Japan and Korea (to name but a few) might face. I'm all for seeing the beautiful game shared, but centuries of ingrained racism are not going to evaporate in the next two years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.