Russian invasion of Ukraine

You've just misunderstood, I'm very much UK based.

Bazzmand Show

Joined17 Jun 2009Messages3,431
BobKowalski said:
I’m viewing it with cautious optimism. I just can’t see how Putin takes, subdues and controls a country the size of Ukraine with 200k troops, who right now are taking a bit of a pasting.

The Ukraine forces in terms of equipment/training (but not overall numbers) are on a par with Russia. This is as close to a peer/peer war as you are going to get. This whole invasion is so batshit nuts, I’ve given up trying to figure out what will happen.
We are getting an insanely one sided view when it comes to what's actually happening on the ground.

Russia has more boots on the ground and are attacking a defended position, they were always going to take more losses.

The way that it's being reported you'd think Ukraine hadn't suffered one casualty of war.

'
I live in Ukraine. My mom thinks that all those news about Ukraine crushing Russian army, and Russian "underperformance" is just fake news to encourage ukrainians and army. She wants Ukraine to win, tho. She also said, that what we "see" in reality, is that Russians slowly take city by city, especially in the South part. Her main argument is: "if Ukraine's army was that strong, they would already stop Russian progression at South".

Guess it wouldn't matter if it were the US, but if it were us or France, we’d need help.
Nato would cover us & France. A more accurate scenario would be say if Ireland had a shit load of mineral reserves and we decided to invade and bomb the shit out of Dublin and Galway. They would go the security council we would veto it and the un would then call the general assembly to pass a resolution calling us naughty as happened with Russia this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.