Russian invasion of Ukraine

Looks like a 757 from the USA presidential flight has taken off from Rzeszow and is heading East towards the black sea according to flightradar 24, call sign Sam 497 it's descsending looks like heading into Moldovian airspace.

Looks like a 757 from the USA presidential flight has taken off from Rzeszow and is heading East towards the black sea according to flightradar 24, call sign Sam 497 it's descsending looks like heading into Moldovian airspace.
Blinken the Secretary of State touring the nato countries under threat today, nothing interesting with that one.

Uk and Russia have always been allies when push comes to shove...this is all on putin this which is sad considering the 2 world wars we fought together and 120 million lives were lost

Read what the minister for the economy of Germany said last week, he said very clearly they could immediately replace russian gas by using existing inventories and buying gas and coal from elsewhere. It’s about economics and selfishness versus Ukraine lives, it’s THAT simple
In your simplistic world it probably is that simple, but this war will come to an end and life and business will continue afterwards.

I'm sure Germany would love to completely cut oil and gas supplies from Russia, but if this finishes next week, then there would be implications following a decision like that.

I've never run a government, or had any inclination to do so. To make a rough analogy relevant to me, even if I had adequate savings in the bank for 12 months living, I wouldn't quit my job, however much I disliked it and tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. Never burn your bridges, it's THAT simple.

Nato would cover us & France. A more accurate scenario would be say if Ireland had a shit load of mineral reserves and we decided to invade and bomb the shit out of Dublin and Galway. They would go the security council we would veto it and the un would then call the general assembly to pass a resolution calling us naughty as happened with Russia this week.
Trying to think of a downside....

The Germans are supplying useless missiles from the Cold War. As generous as always.

"A classified military document obtained by Spiegel magazine reads: “Owing to the obsolescence of the rocket motor, the Strela missile is no longer safe to handle, so it can no longer be fired.”

The wooden boxes in which the missiles are stored are reportedly so mouldy that when they were last inspected in November troops had to wear protective equipment"
If that is indeed true, I find it really disappointing........almost like a stab in the back for the Ukrainians. And many are so quick to criticize the UK Govt and what they are doing!!

With friends like these, who needs enemies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.