Russian invasion of Ukraine

If anybody speaks Ukranian, here's the interview with UA defense minister Reknikov (starting at minute 7:30).
Translated key points would be very welcome! ;)

Last edited:
At the moment I live practically on the border with Belarus, the border with it is very well protected this time. Yes, and I doubt that the armed forces of Belarus will enter the war without any success in the East or South of Ukraine on the part of the russian troops

Stay safe, I have visited Minsk before and stayed in contact with a couple of Guys I met, I think the majority in Belarus hate the Orcs as much as anyone but that bastard of a president is the issue!

Stay safe, I have visited Minsk before and stayed in contact with a couple of Guys I met, I think the majority in Belarus hate the Orcs as much as anyone but that bastard of a president is the issue!
Thank you, we will live and win) The main thing is that I took my family to a safe place, when you know that your wife and child are safe, then strength and faith in victory becomes greater!)

This forum is absolutely brilliant for detailed up to date information about what's really happening in Ukraine. Spiderboy and other regular posters are doing an amazing job. Anyone who relies purely on the national news (BBC, Sky etc) could be forgiven for believing that nothing much is happening for several days on end, as their coverage is so sparse. The reality, as most of the audience of this forum will appreciate, is very different, with life and death struggles all over the country being played out hour by hour. A huge thank you to all contributors, and to Spiderboy in particular for for keeping everyone informed. Keep up the good work!

This forum is absolutely brilliant for detailed up to date information about what's really happening in Ukraine. Spiderboy and other regular posters are doing an amazing job. Anyone who relies purely on the national news (BBC, Sky etc) could be forgiven for believing that nothing much is happening for several days on end, as their coverage is so sparse. The reality, as most of the audience of this forum will appreciate, is very different, with life and death struggles all over the country being played out hour by hour. A huge thank you to all contributors, and to Spiderboy in particular for for keeping everyone informed. Keep up the good work!
Agree with what you say, especially about SPIDERBOY.

I don't know why the main TV channels hardly cover it anymore - it is THE most significant event in the world right now, and probably will be for years to come.

It's worth pointing out that The Guardian and CNN (two that I know of - I'm sure there are more) do still carry daily live news feeds. Not as fast as @SPIDERBOY 's news service, but helps to round out the info.

Agree with what you say, especially about SPIDERBOY.

I don't know why the main TV channels hardly cover it anymore - it is THE most significant event in the world right now, and probably will be for years to come.

It's worth pointing out that The Guardian and CNN (two that I know of - I'm sure there are more) do still carry daily live news feeds. Not as fast as @SPIDERBOY 's news service, but helps to round out the info.
Agreed, UK media just seems to be focused on the symptoms of the war with the 'cost of living crisis' rather than on one of the main causes of inflationary pressure. Wider ramifications of this war for the future of everyone in Europe has a far wider, longer and dangerous tail.

CNN and Al-Jazeera has the best coverage of the war from what I've seen recently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.