Russian invasion of Ukraine

Hmmm - seeing stuff on twitter from people questioning our military and financial support for Ukraine on cost grounds when we have a cost of living crisis at home - not an impossible reach you may think but a quick click finds most are Brexiteers who were asking why were we ousting Johnson "when there was a war on" - something tells me its a full bot attack
When the cost is your sisters, wives and daughters being gang raped...

Inflation in Poland last month was worse than the UK at 15.6%

I suggest you are totally wrong.
Maybe they just don't give a fuck

Maybe they just don't give a fuck

I should've come back on this. It was late when I first typed it, but through the year there've been several tax cuts, vat changes etc to try and at least do something. Also as yet, there aren't as many signs of the equivalent energy rises, which was my main point. I'm sure there will be some, but I also would imagine there would be some better attempt at mitigation than what the tories are doing. But anyway, this is off topic for the thread.

My relatives who live in France who are both British citizens have been given hardship payments and Energy bill increases have been capped at 4% safe to say the French are helping out, they are much less reliant on Gas mind as their network of small Nuclear reactors provide the bulk of their energy.
One of the first things Tony Blair did as PM was to commission a report into our long term energy position particularly energy security. The report said there was no effective alternative to nuclear and we should get on planning and building.
Blair junked the report as he feared a political backlash to nuclear.
Hence we are now in the proverbial. As a general observation, our politicians are hopeless at long term planning as elections come along every 5 years, I.e. medium term.
One solution is to give an elected House of Lords the responsibility to report regularly on long term matters such as this and require the gov of the day to debate their reports and say which recs it was junking and why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.