Russian invasion of Ukraine

Some very interesting points bring raised by army personnel.

'here is what im seeing. this is basic math and open source reporting so im keeping opsec. UKR army has built at least 3 battle groups. each about the size of a US division (3-4 brigades with attached elements working together).
The VAST majority of the vehicles are wheeled vehicles. this seems to be built like the US 9th infantry div (1985-91) truly motorized divisions. the makeup is infantry transports (HMMWVs, pick ups), scout. dune buggies FASTVs, and backed up by MRAPS, BTRs... with tanks attached. This allows the ukr forces to move fast hit hard and hold with dismounted ATGMs. the russian army with "death before dismount mentality has no way to counter this. as they are sending reinforcements into the battle they are hitting ambushes and counter attacks prior to deploying.
I'm betting that the ukr army has made 3 battle groups. one that hit kherson, one that hit the north, and one that has not been played yet. If you are battletracker (i am) you count vehicles by TO&E (donated, sold vehicles) and look for them in combat as BDA. sofar many of some types of vehicles donated HAVE NOT shown up on the battlefield, yet.
If my numbers are right only about 1/2 of the new "secret" army has been used. this means another strike is coming....soon... and just like the north strike this will be too fast for the ru forces to counter'

'here is what im seeing. this is basic math and open source reporting so im keeping opsec. UKR army has built at least 3 battle groups. each about the size of a US division (3-4 brigades with attached elements working together).
The VAST majority of the vehicles are wheeled vehicles. this seems to be built like the US 9th infantry div (1985-91) truly motorized divisions. the makeup is infantry transports (HMMWVs, pick ups), scout. dune buggies FASTVs, and backed up by MRAPS, BTRs... with tanks attached. This allows the ukr forces to move fast hit hard and hold with dismounted ATGMs. the russian army with "death before dismount mentality has no way to counter this. as they are sending reinforcements into the battle they are hitting ambushes and counter attacks prior to deploying.
I'm betting that the ukr army has made 3 battle groups. one that hit kherson, one that hit the north, and one that has not been played yet. If you are battletracker (i am) you count vehicles by TO&E (donated, sold vehicles) and look for them in combat as BDA. sofar many of some types of vehicles donated HAVE NOT shown up on the battlefield, yet.
If my numbers are right only about 1/2 of the new "secret" army has been used. this means another strike is coming....soon... and just like the north strike this will be too fast for the ru forces to counter'
I hope you are right

That would match up with something I read from a US official, Blinken possibly? That ukraine was just getting started with this counter.

Now it could just be a way to keep moral high on back of wins but hopefully it a sign that more is coming.

On the news last night interviewing a few Russians in Moscow. There is a narrative that had the US, UK and other European countries not gotten involved it would have all been over. Nothing about how this was a war that should never have been started and how they are ashamed. So I think you are right here, nowt will change in the Russian leadership hostility towards the west.

On a side note it’s very satisfying to know we live in their collective heads rent free - they obviously have a fairly deep respect for the British military capability.
This is exactly how the average ruSSan thinks. Apparently it is the west's fault by sticking their noses into a situation which has nothing to do with them. I answer back that they were happy when the west stuck their noses in in 1939. Never get a response

Lots of acronyms I don't understand but I love the last paragraph

This is exactly how the average ruSSan thinks. Apparently it is the west's fault by sticking their noses into a situation which has nothing to do with them. I answer back that they were happy when the west stuck their noses in in 1939. Never get a response
I doubt they were happy when the British and French declared war on Germany in September 1939. They were bound to Germany via the Ribbentrop-Molotov pact and happily partitioning Poland once more. Their feelings only changed when the panzers rolled in during June 1941.

Unfortunately, in my mind, Russia remains a country which has, in reality, never enjoyed an Age of Enlightenment. Catherine the Great toyed with it but she was as great a land grabber as Peter the Great. Putin merely follows a long tradition set by both of the "Greats", Ivan the Terrible and Stalin. The Russian population, if one is generous to a very limited extent, may be seen as being a prisoner of their own abusive history).

Under no circumstances do I consider that any of the above absolves them from any of the misery their nation has inflicted upon the peoples of this world since Peter the Great opened his window to the West.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.