Russian invasion of Ukraine

The significant question here is do the Chinese still think Putin is worth backing. The answer is possibly no. They don't give a shit about him personally. It has helped them to have him in power, the more shit he sends to the west the more they can get away with.

But they don't want to be tied to a loser. I would imagine they have all their energies on the what next scenarios and how to gain advantage.

Reactions: mat
The significant question here is do the Chinese still think Putin is worth backing. The answer is possibly no. They don't give a shit about him personally. It has helped them to have him in power, the more shit he sends to the west the more they can get away with.

But they don't want to be tied to a loser. I would imagine they have all their energies on the what next scenarios and how to gain advantage.
It did seem a bit like they are seeing where the land lies. They'll have their own intelligence about what is going on.

China aren't stupid they have a long term plan and don't want Putin dragging them down, he is nothing more than a means to an end and Putin needs China more than China needs Putin. That meeting makes him look even weaker, begging Xi to bail him out and make Russia look strong.

China aren't stupid they have a long term plan and don't want Putin dragging them down, he is nothing more than a means to an end and Putin needs China more than China needs Putin. That meeting makes him look even weaker, begging Xi to bail him out and make Russia look strong.

They'd be content for Russia be turned into a giant North Korea. A giant buffer state reliant on heavy industry and mineral and other raw materials extraction. There are huge untapped reserves under the permafrost in the Russia's Far East.

For which the Russian's currently lack the resources, manpower and expertise to extract at a cost efficiently and at scale.

They were already moving Eastern Ukrainians over there prior to the start of the war.

Once their land and resources grab in Ukraine fails, the current regime (if it survives) will be locked into developing the Far East even more.

Gaudion M

i think you’re right. It’s the biggest game of chess in recent history. Reading the article a few posts back makes you appreciate just how complicated the political and social situations are and personally I can’t begin to understand it / them. Potentially Ukraine is just a fuse to ignite the explosion. Putin may have fucked Russia as we see it today and China may end up as the big winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.