Russian invasion of Ukraine

I reckon China are onboard personally

No chance.

China see Russia as a useful bulwark against the US. Russia winning helped, but now they're losing so badly, China is standing back from the chaos and replacing Russian influence in Central Asia.

If China were on board, their weapons would be being used against Ukraine. They're not.

Putin is obviously up shit creek without a paddle and this is a desperate attempt to turn things around nobody believes will work.

He's losing the war, and responding with a half hearted "partial" mobilisation. It'll make no difference. He'll declare these referendums successful and the invaded territory Russian, and threaten all sorts if Ukraine/Nato continues to attack them. Ukraine will continue, and Putin will not respond because he lacks the resources to do it.

His army has been routed twice, his Navy had its flagship sunk and his airforce is scared to fly.

If he were able to retaliate, he would already have done so.

He's a man without a plan. Keep supporting Ukraine.
We’ve disagreed on a lot before but we’re on the same page on this.

What do you suggest we should do?

Personally I’d continue what we are doing and supply Ukrainian with the view that it’s there land.

I’d also start to supply some of the good stuff. tomahawk missiles and planes ( probably draw the line at the likes of stealth tech planes) at least. Allow Ukraine the ability to take out the Crimea bridge ect.

I’ve lost count. There is a deep flaw in the Russian psyche that they feel this overwhelming urge to tell everyone in strident terms how strong and powerful they are. It’s a deeply insecure manifestation of the impact Russia’s history has had upon its people.
It’s a bit like the UK after WW2…
Suez, debt crisis, bailouts, rationing, cutbacks, retreat from empire… all showed we weren’t what we had been for 200 years

China uses a large amount of that money on its military why would it do that they have plenty for defence but keep growing. War would alow them to take over Taiwan for resources and maybe Japan. Putin is putting over the idea to these supporting countries that the west is bullying them and making them second rate countries to serve them. There is a lot of anger amongst certain countries to the west Russia North Korea Iran ect
Faux Anger that is stirred by the autocratic governments of those countries.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.