Russian invasion of Ukraine

China uses a large amount of that money on its military why would it do that they have plenty for defence but keep growing. War would alow them to take over Taiwan for resources and maybe Japan. Putin is putting over the idea to these supporting countries that the west is bullying them and making them second rate countries to serve them. There is a lot of anger amongst certain countries to the west Russia North Korea Iran ect
Those paragons of democracy.

When Putin met President Xi the other day, he actually said he would address China’s questions and concerns about Ukraine. China would never use language condemning Russia out on the world stage but that shows in the background they ain’t too impressed. War doesn’t work economically for China, they need to sell stuff to the west. If we are spending our money on energy all their electronics, cars and all the other things they produce won’t get purchased.
The west is a far bigger market and much more important for China than Russia. The combined EU, UK and US economies are over 27 times bigger than Russia's. Even alone the UKs economy is 70% bigger than Russia's which is currently on a downward trajectory.

Maybe it's time to spread the rumour that we may lend/lease Ukraine a Trident nuclear submarine if Russian uses nukes?
Putin may think that the West would do nothing if he used a tactical nuclear weapon, but I doubt that he would feel the same way about a Ukrainian nuclear submarine crew.
We should start training immediately and I'm sure that Ukraine still has knowledgeable people who have experience with all aspects of nuclear weapon systems. :)

Maybe it's time to spread the rumour that we may lend/lease Ukraine a Trident nuclear submarine if Russian uses nukes?
Putin may think that the West would do nothing if he used a tactical nuclear weapon, but I doubt that he would feel the same way about a Ukrainian nuclear submarine crew.
We should start training immediately and I'm sure that Ukraine still has knowledgeable people who have experience with all aspects of nuclear weapon systems. :)

One thing that will be a result of this conflict is where we used to live in a world of disarming and decommissioning nuclear weapons with the fall of the iron curtain. A lot more countries will now be looking to have nukes as an insurance policy against aggressive nations such as Russia and China. I wonder if Nicola Sturgeon still wants the UKs nuclear deterrent out of Scotland anymore?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.