Russian invasion of Ukraine

My wife is currently in Russia visiting her family. She tells me that in Moscow life is as usual, nearly all the Western stores are closed and they cannot get luxury goods like Western perfume, mobiles etc.
She is now in her home town, about 2 hours flight from Moscow, she tells me the mood has changed recently after the bodies of young soldiers have started to return home, she was in the cemetery 3 days ago to visit her relatives and was shocked by the number of new graves with ruSSian flags flying over them (a sign of a soldiers grave) they had a look and were shocked at the ages of the guys.
The mobilisation call yesterday did not make the locals happy at all, they were shocked and saddened that more of their people will be sent to a senseless war that nobody wants but are not allowed to say they do not support it.

Hope your missus is OK mate.

My wife is currently in Russia visiting her family. She tells me that in Moscow life is as usual, nearly all the Western stores are closed and they cannot get luxury goods like Western perfume, mobiles etc.
She is now in her home town, about 2 hours flight from Moscow, she tells me the mood has changed recently after the bodies of young soldiers have started to return home, she was in the cemetery 3 days ago to visit her relatives and was shocked by the number of new graves with ruSSian flags flying over them (a sign of a soldiers grave) they had a look and were shocked at the ages of the guys.
The mobilisation call yesterday did not make the locals happy at all, they were shocked and saddened that more of their people will be sent to a senseless war that nobody wants but are not allowed to say they do not support it.
Speaking as a father of 2 sons, it's heart wrenching these ordinary people are losing their beloved sons because of 1 fucking war mongering lunatic. The thought of losing my sons makes me shudder.

Protests on the streets of Moscow, brave people. Perhaps they should only send out women and elderly - younger men arrested may be forced to enlist. Really, it doesn't sound very clever for morale, having anti-war activists - who willingly risked their freedom to protest - in your ranks.
They are protesting about mobilisation, not about the war.

They've just realised they might end up having to go themselves. Doubt it tho, the 'peasants' will be the ones fed into the grinder.

Speaking as a father of 2 sons, it's heart wrenching these ordinary people are losing their beloved sons because of 1 fucking war mongering lunatic. The thought of losing my sons makes me shudder.
A lot of those parents voted this **** into power, time and time again.

As heartless as it sounds, I don't feel sorry for them at all. If they have kids themselves, I feel a little sorry for them but all of that pales into insignificance at the sorrow I feel for every single Ukrainian family that has suffered because of this needless, and senseless, war.

Fuck putin, the fucking nonce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.