Russian invasion of Ukraine

I wonder how many outside Russia will recognise it as a direct attack on Russia?

Probably Syria, North Korea and Iran, but obviously they don't count.

I wonder what China will say?

Anyway, I've recently held a referendum in Moscow and it appears hat 83.251% (*) of residents have voted to annex the region from Russia.

(*) = If you're going to make statistics up, make sure they're exact.
For the scientists, that's precise not exact.

Depends how quickly NATO can move. If Ukraine decided to give up areas like Crimea and Donbas and then within a very short order joined NATO or got NATO security assurances with those set borders its a done deal.

I cant see it happening but its doable if a full official cease fire is agreed with those solid borders.
Why would Ukraine agree to that? Pre 2014 borders were subject to agreement by Russia, which they just ignored.

Why would Ukraine agree to that? Pre 2014 borders were subject to agreement by Russia, which they just ignored.
Not suggesting they would or should, just a hypothetical "if", it's pretty much the only way to get a solid border for NATO criteria at this point.

Not suggesting they would or should, just a hypothetical "if", it's pretty much the only way to get a solid border for NATO criteria at this point.
Ok. Highly speculative though. I think Zelinski is focussed on throwing them all out.

cant ever 'not in our lifetime' see Ukraine joining NATO as they will have boarder issues for many years
Famous last words those…You are Alex (Baconface) Ferguson and I claim my £10.
Ultimately it depends if the Russian Federation survives in its current form, which is by no means certain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.