Russian invasion of Ukraine

So they're holding elections in those regions , does this mean the war (this phase anyway) is coming to an end?

It feels like putin is calling it a day due to his numerous fuckups.

Its just a step so he can "officially" up his game to full mobilisation. when Ukraine continue to advance he will call it a direct attack on Russia.

Its just a step so he can "officially" up his game to full mobilisation. when Ukraine continue to advance he will call it a direct attack on Russia.
I wonder how many outside Russia will recognise it as a direct attack on Russia?

Probably Syria, North Korea and Iran, but obviously they don't count.

I wonder what China will say?

Anyway, I've recently held a referendum in Moscow and it appears hat 83.251% (*) of residents have voted to annex the region from Russia.

(*) = If you're going to make statistics up, make sure they're exact.

Never thought I'd say this, but Dmitry Medvedev has probably overtaken Lavrov in the "talking bollocks/needs to go" stakes. Hope he's on the list of war criminals when this is all over.

I think it's more the case of what the russian people will say. Putin will now be able to say Russia itself is being attacked by nato.

I have no idea if Ukraine would accept donbass just being taken like crimea was but they may just do that, it's been a thorn in their side for years.

Then Ukraine can join NATO, fuck all Russia can do then. They've brought that on themselves.

I think it's more the case of what the russian people will say. Putin will now be able to say Russia itself is being attacked by nato.

I have no idea if Ukraine would accept donbass just being taken like crimea was but they may just do that, it's been a thorn in their side for years.

Then Ukraine can join NATO, fuck all Russia can do then. They've brought that on themselves.
cant ever 'not in our lifetime' see Ukraine joining NATO as they will have boarder issues for many years

I wonder how many outside Russia will recognise it as a direct attack on Russia?

Probably Syria, North Korea and Iran, but obviously they don't count.

I wonder what China will say?

Anyway, I've recently held a referendum in Moscow and it appears hat 83.251% (*) of residents have voted to annex the region from Russia.

(*) = If you're going to make statistics up, make sure they're exact.

cant ever 'not in our lifetime' see Ukraine joining NATO as they will have boarder issues for many years
Depends how quickly NATO can move. If Ukraine decided to give up areas like Crimea and Donbas and then within a very short order joined NATO or got NATO security assurances with those set borders its a done deal.

I cant see it happening but its doable if a full official cease fire is agreed with those solid borders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.