Russian invasion of Ukraine

I’ve just been away for the weekend and only seen sporadic news reports but I did see a square full of what looked like professional servicemen honouring their president’s birthday. How come these aren’t fighting on the frontline and how many more are there in reserve? Why the need for conscription if there are still trained soldiers available?

I’ve just been away for the weekend and only seen sporadic news reports but I did see a square full of what looked like professional servicemen honouring their president’s birthday. How come these aren’t fighting on the frontline and how many more are there in reserve? Why the need for conscription if there are still trained soldiers available?
Because if he sent them, the good ones, to the front there would be no one left to stop him getting a bullet in the head.
He's daft but not that daft.

It is but I’m at a loss as to how she is being negatively compared to the Finnish PM for saying the exact same things re Russia?

Plenty to have a go at her for but not the UK stance on what those cunts have inflicted on the Ukraine and world.
No, it’s the wrong thread for it but I’d much rather the Finnish PM sat on my face than Truss.

It is but I’m at a loss as to how she is being negatively compared to the Finnish PM for saying the exact same things re Russia?

Plenty to have a go at her for but not the UK stance on what those cunts have inflicted on the Ukraine and world.
Because she delivers it with a complete absence of gravitas, authority, judgement or any sense of competence. She is hopelessly out of her depth at a time when we desperately need strong leadership with a sense of genuine authority.

it is a genuine national tragedy that our ridiculous electoral system has delivered her to the role she currently holds, when the nation is facing such wide-ranging and far reaching challenges.

To me, it is unbelievable that someone so lacking in any of the qualities that a Prime Minister needs: good judgement, decisiveness, intellect, charisma and well-developed people skills being five that spring to mind, is holding that office.

This complete lack of ability to perform the role of PM effectively will infect every aspect of her Premiership including in relation to Ukraine. She is a national danger and no pitifully delivered words of support for the Ukrainian people alter that one iota.

To me, it is genuinely unbelievable that someone so insignificant as a person, intellectually and more generally, is PM of this once great country.

She may say the same thing as the Finnish PM on Ukraine, but she does so in a way that embarrasses us as a nation.

Because she delivers it with a complete absence of gravitas, authority, judgement or any sense of competence. She is hopelessly out of her depth at a time when we desperately need strong leadership with a sense of genuine authority.

it is a genuine national tragedy that our ridiculous electoral system has delivered her to the role she currently holds, when the nation is facing such wide-ranging and far reaching challenges.

To me, it is unbelievable that someone so lacking in any of the qualities that a Prime Minister needs: good judgement, decisiveness, intellect, charisma and well-developed people skills being five that spring to mind, is holding that office.

This complete lack of ability to perform the role of PM effectively will infect every aspect of her Premiership including in relation to Ukraine. She is a national danger and no pitifully delivered words of support for the Ukrainian people alter that one iota.

To me, it is genuinely unbelievable that someone so insignificant as a person, intellectually and more generally, is PM of this once great country.

She may say the same thing as the Finnish PM, but she does so in a way that embarrasses us as a nation.

I agree entirely re our election system and her as a person fit for office mate but it’s for another thread imo.

Honestly feel it’s a bit ridiculous comparing the Finnish PM saying what she said to Truss given what we as a nation have done and continues to do behind the scenes and publicly on the world stage.

I agree entirely re our election system and her as a person fit for office mate but it’s for another thread imo.

Honestly feel it’s a bit ridiculous comparing the Finnish PM saying what she said to Truss given what we as a nation have done and continues to do behind the scenes and publicly on the world stage.
I agree about the first part (although I was directly responding to the point you raised) but what the PM says about Ukraine, and how she delivers it, is entirely relevant to this thread.

I agree about the first part (although I was directly responding to the point you raised) but what the PM says about Ukraine, and how she delivers it, is entirely relevant to this thread.

Indeed but I’ve not heard her say anything different to any other world leader.

Getting annoyed because of her personality or delivery is a stretch too far for me. What counts is actions and our actions have been outstanding re the Ukraine.

Domestically, she is appalling, a dead woman walking and the sooner both her and her government are gone the better but whoever takes over, I expect nothing but the same policy wise on Russia and it’s appalling attack on Ukraine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.