Russian invasion of Ukraine

Note. I have not verified these.

Good to point that out. There was a wave of such posts on Twitter earlier today, yet when I went to reputable media sources earlier (Reuters/AP/AL Jazeera, etc.) and even national newspaper sites (including from China), I couldn't find confirmation for this story.

In that regard, I've noticed throughout the week that there has been an enormous increase in propaganda on social media platforms, most of which is posted from accounts that are highly sophisticated and could easily be accepted as genuine unless the reader is discerning and prepared to question the authenticity of what they see/read.

And its not because of this war. That is just an excuse.

The people with the commodity supply have figured out they can lower the supply enough artificially to create enough demand and desperation to make you pay multiple times what you would normally.

Take nvidia video cards for example. They used to sell the 80 class cards for $549 4 years ago but chinese miners got into mining etherium, bitcoin and were willing to pay $1500 for the same card. Now that mining's gone.. do you think NVIDIA wants to sell it for it the same $549 of old??

Similar with oil exporting countries.. would they rather sell at 75 dollars a barrel or at 250 dollars a barrel.

Kinda exactly like what Rolex does.. demand of 600,000 but only enough supply of 100,000. So the price keeps going up.

This pinch you feel in your wallet isn't magically stopping due to the war stopping.

You have only 3 possible solutions now.

Bear the pain, or go solar electric or vote in a government that puts strict price controls on it.

No government can put strict controls on global supply and demand

Good to point that out. There was a wave of such posts on Twitter earlier today, yet when I went to reputable media sources earlier (Reuters/AP/AL Jazeera, etc.) and even national newspaper sites (including from China), I couldn't find confirmation for this story.

In that regard, I've noticed throughout the week that there has been an enormous increase in propaganda on social media platforms, most of which is posted from accounts that are highly sophisticated and could easily be accepted as genuine unless the reader is discerning and prepared to question the authenticity of what they see/read.
I’d call people out for sharing easily debunked social media horseshit but I’d get another thread ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.