Russian invasion of Ukraine

You're comparing the might of the Panzers/Luftwaffe and a well trained/equipped very motivated army with strong leadership vs an out-dated army, supported by what, to a Russian Army that can't even take control and hold Ukraine (albeit with support), let alone all of the other countries in the old Bloc.

Rhetoric is one thing, actually completing the task is another. I'm sure France, Germany, Spain and the other Western democratic countries are simply quaking in their boots at the possible loss of their freedom that was suggested.

I'm sure the initial intention was to gradually take specific countries (but ONLY those countries) and return them to the old Bloc, but he's massively miscalculated in so many areas and the mighty Russian military has been exposed for what it really is. In this one move he's taken the country back decades and what follows once this war is over will be interesting.

I don't think it was Cliff Richard to be honest, he's old, but I don't think he's that old.
Have another guess.
Thats right, you shift those goalposts!

Before the discussion was about how similar the intent is, now it's about attainabilty.

Thats right, you shift those goalposts!

Before the discussion was about how similar the intent is, now it's about attainabilty.
Not at all.

The discussion was regarding the comment, "Still huge but if we don't stop him. Western democracy ends."

I was simply questioning this.

The discussion was later directed towards the similarity of events leading up to WW2. In my view, Hitler wanted total dominance over Europe etc, whereas I believe Putin wanted dominance over the countries in the former Soviet Union. I don't believe he had ambitions on other Western democratic countries such as France, UK, Italy etc.

if thats the case then there going to drop one and then its escalation time from NATO because we all have a good idea of how there going to reply
They already told their residents to leave in March. They are urging the rest to leave due to esculation because the twat has already started bombing civilian areas. Wouldn't have thought there's much in it.
"After the attack on the Crimean Bridge, civilian infrastructure became the target of military conflicts, which is clearly an escalation on the battlefield. Our evacuation this time is more of an early warning, making the greatest efforts to avoid damage on our citizens' property and lives," Cui Heng, an assistant research fellow from the Center for Russian Studies of East China Normal University, told the Global Times on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.