Russian invasion of Ukraine

Anyone else ever note the sheer volume of these Buhanka vans behind Russian lines...

As they ressemble the Mystery Machine, I can now imagine Russian soldiers as "Scrappy Do'" who ruins everything (including the "Scooby Do" show) and delight in their misfortune.
Developing coping strategies for the suffering that Russian soilders cause and being able to dehumanise them as human beings isn't really me and I dislike intensely what they have done to my humanity - but hey - the cap fits.

Last edited:
Difference is this time drop 1 dirty bomb and NATO will react in a big fucking way.
Damn right. If the Russians think the resulting explosion would only be contained in Ukraine and not spread to the surrounding NATO territories, and that NATO would not then bring the fury, they're more naive than we thought.

Damn right. If the Russians think the resulting explosion would only be contained in Ukraine and not spread to the surrounding NATO territories, and that NATO would not then bring the fury, they're more naive than we thought.

A dirty bomb should be pretty localised, a mile or 2 at most. wouldn’t have fall out like an actual nuke.

Depends if it goes off in Ukraine or if he bombs one of his own cities in a false flag like last time.
Think a false flag move would be a big mistake too in this era of social media and the world wide web. It's been flagged up as a possibility too far in advance and it's fairly widely known that Ukraine don't have access to the materials but Russia do.

Its been a theory all along that Putin is trying the drag NATO into the war so that he can save face by retreating and saying "look, we lost to big, bad NATO".

So far, the West has held the moral high ground by not reacting, other than supplying humanitarian aid and weapons.

However, I just had a thought: If Putin is to continue to escalate with a view to involving NATO, there does indeed have to be line in the sand, and maybe it's better to put him in his place without waiting for him to do something truly horrible.

Not saying it's an easy decision for the NATO generals, but reacting to something bad rather than waiting for something very bad might be the better course of action.

Think a false flag move would be a big mistake too in this era of social media and the world wide web. It's been flagged up as a possibility too far in advance and it's fairly widely known that Ukraine don't have access to the materials but Russia do.
All true only a complete mad man would think they could get away with it, unfortunately.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.