Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sadly, they are charging a lot of rent to Oligarchs for their bolt holes and offshore banking facilities should things go totally pair shaped.
For whatever reason they have decided that the West will not support them against Iran so are looking for alternatives with China, Russia and India.
Not sure about your second sentence, but I don’t know why UAE has their policy of non sanctions. Secondary sanctions by UK and USA might be a worry.

Whatever the final outcome, russia is now a 3rd rate, non respected country and will remain as such for generations.
The sad thing is, there’ll be a few people in Britain upset with that. Russia has been someone to look up to for certain fringes of society for a long time despite being an enemy for all but maybe a decade of the last century.

And there are others who’ve done very well off the back of Russia.

I’ll tell you what though, we will be better off as a country without the fringes looking up to them or people doing well off the back of them. Their influence has been negative to Britain for too long… I blame a lot of the arguing fringes creeping ever further into mainstream arguments on Russia’s influence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.