Russian invasion of Ukraine

I'd expect that there are staff working at the Russian Embassy in London who are Russian Jewish, I wouldn't imagine their colleagues would do something like this.
Doubt there’d be more than one or two if any.
Most Russian Jews left Russia years ago leaving just approx 0.1% of the Russian population being Jewish.
Russia has a long tradition of antisemitism going back to the 19th century pogroms and it’s never been far below the surface.
Now they have Zelenskyy as an enemy I suspect their antisemitism will be a lot more out in the open than in recent years.

Doubt there’d be more than one or two if any.
Most Russian Jews left Russia years ago leaving just approx 0.1% of the Russian population being Jewish.
Russia has a long tradition of antisemitism going back to the 19th century pogroms and it’s never been far below the surface.
Now they have Zelenskyy as an enemy I suspect their antisemitism will be a lot more out in the open than in recent years.
14% of the population in Western Russia are Jewish

Thing is, there is so much propaganda, counter-propaganda, attempts to manipulate and influence opinion, you need a healthy scepticism about it all.

14% of the population in Western Russia are Jewish

Thing is, there is so much propaganda, counter-propaganda, attempts to manipulate and influence opinion, you need a healthy scepticism about it all.
Where have you got that figure?
There are around 160,000 Jews in the whole of Russia. Numerous sources on Google will confirm this.
If 14% of the population of Western Russia were Jewish there’d be a similar number as the combined total of Jews in Israel and the USA. That is clearly not the case. It might be the correct figure for the 1890s but a lot has changed since then.

Wiki says you are correct, however I don't believe the tweet was genuinely created and shared from the Russian Embassy in London.

Wiki says you are correct, however I don't believe the tweet was genuinely created and shared from the Russian Embassy in London.

Their foreign minister said in the summer that Hitler had Jewish blood, anything is possible with these twats.,

I know Twitter is a bit of a shambles at the moment but are you honestly saying that someone has hacked the Russian Embassy Twitter account and posted it? And they’ve not noticed and left it there?
That’s just daft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.