Russian invasion of Ukraine

The West has done very well to stay out of it whilst backing Ukraine with weapons and intelligence.

Surely there must come a breaking point when it's in everybody's interests to deploy something to the fight - whether that's air support, bombing of Russian rocket launchers/sinking of battleships, I don't know. Tough call, but something may have to give at some point.
I agree. Whilst NATO has its stance, it's totally heartbreaking watching that Country being systematically destroyed by Putin.

The rest of the civilised world should act now and stop this war by destroying Putin's military capability.

I agree. Whilst NATO has its stance, it's totally heartbreaking watching that Country being systematically destroyed by Putin.

The rest of the civilised world should act now and stop this war by destroying Putin's military capability.
Will become ww3 nato Israel and japan vs Russia North Korea Iran and maybe china

As much AM kit as possible.

And as many small generators as possible. dot them around as much as possible, create warm refuge's, Power mobile masts and the like. try to make as much of the infrastructure as de centralised as possible so far harder to knock out.

Not an easy ask though

Boris Johnson on European reactions to invasion:

No surprise.
France still in denial.
Still at least Germany have been forced by their electorate to come to terms with the invasion and provide some military support.
Both still need to pull their fingers out though, which is a bit depressing.

A couple of posters have suggested that both Boris and Sunak visited Zelinsky for self aggrandisement purposes. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reason Boris is a hero in Ukraine is not just the military and humanitarian aid UK gave, but he worked tirelessly in persuading others particularly Germany and France to support Ukraine. On the day of his last visit UK had a foreign office team in every major capital in Western Europe to reinforce the message. It is important that western leaders are seen to visit: it boosts morale of Ukrainian public and sends a message to Russia that we are still in the fight and intend to stay there. Whenever we have a new PM (roughly every 6 weeks) he/she must go there to signal nothing has changed. Give credit where it’s due, even to a Tory!

That's an idea but you would need to tell NATO where the Russian nuclear submarines are at that precise time. Or just keep your fingers crossed that where you are is not on Russia's list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.