Russian invasion of Ukraine

I saw a lecture some time ago by an ex head of MI6. Forget his name. He said we must not run away with the idea that Ukraine can sweep the Russians out of Crimea. Russia is building and training a force to stop that happening and we won’t know exactly its size and capabilities until it is mobilised. Just a word of caution: there is still a long way to go.

Id guess the main issues would be, if Russia did leave Crimea and Donbas's ( and Ukraine in general ) main issues will be partisan warfare, there will be a ton of people left behind to cause havok.

same issue the Russians would have had if they had actually succeeded in taking Ukraine in the 1st place.

Being consistent isn’t always a positive trait. I’m consistently late for shit.

A different take is that they are reporting based on what Ukraine say they can when they can. Ukraine has already had to boot out reporters from CNN/Sky for reporting things too early and endangering troops.

BBC has toed the line based on what Ukraine has asked for.

The Russians have moved some sort of "radiation and Chemical defence units" to Crimea,along with equipment.

Slava Ukraini.

A different take is that they are reporting based on what Ukraine say they can when they can. Ukraine has already had to boot out reporters from CNN/Sky for reporting things too early and endangering troops.

BBC has toed the line based on what Ukraine has asked for.

I wasn’t slagging the BBC off, just questioning using the word consistently as a positive behaviour. I’ve previously been supportive of the BBC’s reporting. Hard talk has recently done a decent interview with Vladimir Kara-Murza’s wife - she made some fair observations about Russian society as a whole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.