Russian invasion of Ukraine

It’s so frustrating still to sit back and ‘watch’. If only we could send in a huge NATO army and destroy these fuckers within weeks.This is the power that nuclear weapons have. Fuck sake these Russian twats are there for the taking to coin a football analogy.
We should give the Russians more nukes; given their recent track record they'll likely blow themselves up.

On a more serious note, I am quite disappointed that attention has been on NATO to rectify the situation whilst the UN has gone by unscathed in criticism. Aside from tutting and approving sanctions they've done little in sending an actual military presence to repel the invaders. Had the entire UN agreed to send a large scale Peacekeeping operation to conduct a 'special military operation', Putin's NATO excuse would fall flat as he'd basically now be fighting against the entire world.

We should give the Russians more nukes; given their recent track record they'll likely blow themselves up.

On a more serious note, I am quite disappointed that attention has been on NATO to rectify the situation whilst the UN has gone by unscathed in criticism. Aside from tutting and approving sanctions they've done little in sending an actual military presence to repel the invaders. Had the entire UN agreed to send a large scale Peacekeeping operation to conduct a 'special military operation', Putin's NATO excuse would fall flat as he'd basically now be fighting against the entire world.
Isn't this because, laughably, the Russians are one of the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council, and as such would veto any military involvement?

I do wonder however how this status of Russia is allowed to continue given they are the single largest threat to world security at this (and most other) times

Isn't this because, laughably, the Russians are one of the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council, and as such would veto any military involvement?

I do wonder however how this status of Russia is allowed to continue given they are the single largest threat to world security at this (and most other) times
The concept of a nation being able to veto any of the resolutions was a huge mistake, it basically made the entire system meaningless if one of the security council members has a vested interest that it conflicts with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.