Russian invasion of Ukraine

If we do it I think it will set a precident for all Nato countries to join in.

but I cant see us doing it without NATO say so.
Confusing picture as I thought the Germans had green lighted their Leopalds which would set that precedent you'd think. Logistics on training, spare supplies and maintenance will be interesting
How many can we spare I wonder?

I think we only have about 200 in service.
Not sure - Google says 227 Challengers available - can't see any immediate need for the UK to have that many unless Sturgeon goes full William Wallace on England.

Confusing picture as I thought the Germans had green lighted their Leopalds which would set that precedent you'd think. Logistics on training, spare supplies and maintenance will be interesting
I think Germany has since said they wont send them as No other NATO country has sent western made MBT's.

It will only take 1 to go against NATO Docterine 1 to open the flood gates through I reckon.

I think Germany has since said they wont send them as No other NATO country has sent western made MBT's.

It will only take 1 to go against NATO Docterine 1 to open the flood gates through I reckon.
Still can't fathom the difference between HIMARS being provided for example versus Western tanks in terms of red lines for military hardware.

You could argue at a stretch NATO planes piloted by Ukranians may end up in russian airspace for whatever reason. Could be to do with the lead time to get them to be able to competently operate a Challenger/Leopald versus an F class fighter jet.

If we do it I think it will set a precident for all Nato countries to join in.

but I cant see us doing it without NATO say so.
It's not NATO standard tech. Rifled barrel, not smoth bore, HESH hi-ex rounds were devastatingly effective against Russian equipment in gulf war mind.
We ourselves are moving to smooth bore for Challenger 3, which Challenger 2 with a new turret and auto loader.

Last edited:
Still can't fathom the difference between HIMARS being provided for example versus Western tanks in terms of red lines for military hardware.

You could argue at a stretch NATO planes piloted by Ukranians may end up in russian airspace for whatever reason. Could be to do with the lead time to get them to be able to competently operate a Challenger/Leopald versus an F class fighter jet.
Russia capturing a tank and taking it to pieces is a lot more likely than capturing an MLRS lauch vehicle (M270 or HIMARS)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.