Russian invasion of Ukraine

Seen a video from Soledar,a load of Wagner just walking through some woods.
No armoured vehicles or protection whatsoever.
Ukrainian forces are actually watching them...by drone I think.
NOTHING fired at them,not one shot.....bizarre.

Slava Ukraini.
Maybe a trap? Hope so

Cracks appearing at long last in the federation...I always knew it would be the province of Igushetia that would come through first ;-) Near Georgia apparently.

Ingushetia was occupied/annexed by Russia along with South Ossetia. They are technically part of Georgia. I suspect the Georgians will accept independence and not try to re-assimilate them.
The -stans may be next, there has certainly been a growing sense of nationalism in those territories.

Last edited:
Cracks appearing at long last in the federation...I always knew it would be the province of Igushetia that would come through first ;-) Near Georgia apparently.
I wouldn't get your hopes up sadly, it has a population around 1/2 million, and borders Chechnya, Georgia, and Osetia, part of which (South Osetia) is actually in Georgia, but was invaded, and effectively annexed by Russia in 2008.

It will be ignored by russia, or be further invaded, and anyone speaking out will likely disappear.

That whole Caucusus region is very tribal, with different ethnic groups fighting each other all over, only recently there have been clashes between Azerbijan and Armenia.

Turkey and Iran both have significant influence on various groups, and a number of ethnicities don't even have there own lands such as the Kurds.

Ingushetia was occupied/annexed by Russia along with South Ossetia. They are technically part of Georgia. I suspect the Georgians will accept independence and not try to re-assimilate them.
The -stans may be next, there has certainly been a growing sense of nationalism in those territories.
And there I was thinking I was good at Geography

It's independent places like Khazakstan/Turkmenistan etc, that we really want speaking out against Russia, because the russians won't be able to invade those countries to keep them quiet, at least not whilst they are so deeply involved in Ukraine anyway.

I wouldn't get your hopes up sadly, it has a population around 1/2 million, and borders Chechnya, Georgia, and Osetia, part of which (South Osetia) is actually in Georgia, but was invaded, and effectively annexed by Russia in 2008.

It will be ignored by russia, or be further invaded, and anyone speaking out will likely disappear.

That whole Caucusus region is very tribal, with different ethnic groups fighting each other all over, only recently there have been clashes between Azerbijan and Armenia.

Turkey and Iran both have significant influence on various groups, and a number of ethnicities don't even have there own lands such as the KurKurds
What could go wrong?

It's independent places like Khazakstan/Turkmenistan etc, that we really want speaking out against Russia, because they won't be able to invade those countries to keep them quiet, at least not whilst they are so deeply involved in Ukraine anyway.
Khazakstan has been actively encouraging the growth of Khazak culture quite different from Russian mores. I can readily see them asserting independence. They are Turkic speakers and (?) Muslims. Technically classed as Turko-Mongol culturally.

Turkey and Iran both have significant influence on various groups, and a number of ethnicities don't even have there own lands such as the Kurds.
Pity if that’s the case - I was aware of the Armenian/Azerbaijan geo politics and didn’t hold out too much on those due to their proxies but Kazakhstan has been getting a regular kicking on russian state tv so was hopeful they may be the significant ones. Last I heard Kazakhstan were looking to bypass russian territory and sell directly to Germany….can’t see that pipeline being intact for more than a day if they started pumping before getting blown up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.