Russian invasion of Ukraine

The problem is will the next leader be any less of a bullying dickhead. The Russian mentality has an ego problem. Demands to be be the toughest and does not care about anyone else. Wagner leader vs chechen leader is probably the two most likely and neither would be a safe option. Any one with a sensible outlook at pro west has either been killed or locked up.
Even Navalny thinks that Crimea is part of Russia…

I just watched this over the last few weeks. There are 7 episodes each about 1 hour long.

I concluded that Russia is an absolutely corrupt basket case of a nation. Without hope.
It’s too big for it to function along ‘normal’ lines. Its sheer physical size must make keeping corruption in check, even if there was a genuine desire for it at the top, virtually impossible.

Are the F16s really a game changer? Of course they're nice to have but surely the Ukrainian Air Force would have the same issues that the Russian Air Force is having.

I.e the vast amount of SAMs making incursions into enemy held air space a suicide mission. I can understand why they would be useful for consolidating their current held land but I'm not convinced of their usefulness to drive the Russians back.

Yes. Accurate stand-off weapons and integrated command & control capability.

Used correctly they’ll turn Russian positions into a mix of minced flesh and twisted metal.

Unfortunately our Gov under Boris and today's PM in a Cabinet position were quite happy to help the Wagner boss to bring legal action in U against a UK journalist a few years ago when he exposed the type of crime he is now being accused of.
No. no. Sanctions regulations specifically provide that legal representation is exempt.
Not a good idea to describe every difficulty to the evil tories.

Depends on if America supply them with AGM 88 HARM's, they have cobbled together a way of launching them from Mig 29s but its not ideal. F16s would be be able to deliver them better and take out a lot of the S300/400s that have been deployed.

Once they are gone you really dont need to fly very low which puts you out of the range of hand held IGLAs and similar Russian manpads. Then you can rain JDAMs on the targets.

Additionally F16s may be better suited to launching other longer range stand off weapons such as Harpoon anti ship missiles which could be used against the black sea fleet.

Ah yes. Good points.

I forgot that one of the main uses for the F16 is the 'wild weasling'. On top of the HARM missles I believe the F16 is well known for its electronic countermeasures as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.