Russian invasion of Ukraine

Are the F16s really a game changer? Of course they're nice to have but surely the Ukrainian Air Force would have the same issues that the Russian Air Force is having.

I.e the vast amount of SAMs making incursions into enemy held air space a suicide mission. I can understand why they would be useful for consolidating their current held land but I'm not convinced of their usefulness to drive the Russians back.
It's definitely a feature of this war that air power has not been a big factor because anti air weapons have the upper hand.

I guess the open question is can the latest US tech beat the Russian weapons. If it can then it's a game changer. No easy way to find out.

The Russian invasion against Ukraine is awful. Worse still - we have a nuclear-armed megalomaniac driving the conflict - with support from his cronies.

In the spring - tanks arrive - the Russian offensive is pushed back... and then...

At some point - bookmark this post - Putin is going to deploy chemical and/or nuclear weapons.

And what then?

At that point - fuck precedent - kill the fucker - in a way that makes it seems he died by accident/natural causes. The guy is insane and as his influence collapses - he'll become more and more irrational.
Cant really see him doing that now. He's been waving the big stick around for a year now and hiding behind it like it's some imaginary shield, he also knows that NATO at al have an even bigger stick.

Are the F16s really a game changer? Of course they're nice to have but surely the Ukrainian Air Force would have the same issues that the Russian Air Force is having.

I.e the vast amount of SAMs making incursions into enemy held air space a suicide mission. I can understand why they would be useful for consolidating their current held land but I'm not convinced of their usefulness to drive the Russians back.
Depends on if America supply them with AGM 88 HARM's, they have cobbled together a way of launching them from Mig 29s but its not ideal. F16s would be be able to deliver them better and take out a lot of the S300/400s that have been deployed.

Once they are gone you really dont need to fly very low which puts you out of the range of hand held IGLAs and similar Russian manpads. Then you can rain JDAMs on the targets.

Additionally F16s may be better suited to launching other longer range stand off weapons such as Harpoon anti ship missiles which could be used against the black sea fleet.

The Russian invasion against Ukraine is awful. Worse still - we have a nuclear-armed megalomaniac driving the conflict - with support from his cronies.

In the spring - tanks arrive - the Russian offensive is pushed back... and then...

At some point - bookmark this post - Putin is going to deploy chemical and/or nuclear weapons.

And what then?

At that point - fuck precedent - kill the fucker - in a way that makes it seems he died by accident/natural causes. The guy is insane and as his influence collapses - he'll become more and more irrational.
The problem is will the next leader be any less of a bullying dickhead. The Russian mentality has an ego problem. Demands to be be the toughest and does not care about anyone else. Wagner leader vs chechen leader is probably the two most likely and neither would be a safe option. Any one with a sensible outlook at pro west has either been killed or locked up.

The problem is will the next leader be any less of a bullying dickhead. The Russian mentality has an ego problem. Demands to be be the toughest and does not care about anyone else. Wagner leader vs chechen leader is probably the two most likely and neither would be a safe option. Any one with a sensible outlook at pro west has either been killed or locked up.

History repeats itself and - sorry if this sounds a bit xenophobic but fuck it - there is something evil and rotten buried deep inside Russian culture.

They’ve been doing this shit for centuries.

I completely agree that Putin needs to go. I’m sure the CIA / MI6 have had plans for how to do it going back years. But, sadly, in all likelihood the next guy will just be another in a long line of drunken evil despots.

Unfortunately our Gov under Boris and today's PM in a Cabinet position were quite happy to help the Wagner boss to bring legal action in U against a UK journalist a few years ago when he exposed the type of crime he is now being accused of.

Unfortunately our Gov under Boris and today's PM in a Cabinet position were quite happy to help the Wagner boss to bring legal action in U against a UK journalist a few years ago when he exposed the type of crime he is now being accused of.
I think I would rather be tried in the legal way rather than the Putin way of doing things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.