Russian invasion of Ukraine

It's been reported - though with some large amount of skepticism - that Russia is posed to bring 500,000 new troops into the conflict. If true, such an overwhelming deployment of new forces might tip the balance in Russia's favor.

Got to say, firstly I struggle to believe this. Firstly, given they've had to scour the prisons to get the numbers they have already, where on earth are they going to get another half a million from? And secondly, even if they do, it strikes me as a fatal blow for Putin's power, as none of them will want to be there, and many will rapidly be returning in boxes.

But I also have zero confidence in my own judgement on these matters.

Got to say, firstly I struggle to believe this. Firstly, given they've had to scour the prisons to get the numbers they have already, where on earth are they going to get another half a million from? And secondly, even if they do, it strikes me as a fatal blow for Putin's power, as none of them will want to be there, and many will rapidly be returning in boxes.

But I also have zero confidence in my own judgement on these matters.
Just so. Russia is desperate - and Putin is in a must-win, existential crisis of his own making. But 500,000 new troops? Beats me - I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Last edited:
Just so. Russia is desperate - and Putin is in a must-win, existential situation of his own making. But 500,000 new troops? Beats me - I don't think anyone knows for sure.

They could possibly get that amount together, how would they logistically arm and supply it with so much of their good equipment turned to scrap in 2022? They are sabre rattling with Japan over disputed island so they can’t pull forces away from other fronts leaving themselves exposed. Having to use private armies like Wagner shows the failing of their army.

It’s interesting that Gaz Prom now wants to start up its own army as well. With all these private militias popping up could we eventually see Russia falling into being a failed state where wealthy companies power grab parts of it and set up their own countries within Russias borders?

Haha Putin doesn't have to tell russians what his objectives are.

Do we go as far as Berlin? Or to Lisbon? WTF are these people smoking out there. A failed state which is governed by the mafia for the benefit of the mafia and the great citizens of russia pathetically watch on with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a begging bowl in the other - let them eat shit

They could possibly get that amount together, how would they logistically arm and supply it with so much of their good equipment turned to scrap in 2022? They are sabre rattling with Japan over disputed island so they can’t pull forces away from other fronts leaving themselves exposed. Having to use private armies like Wagner shows the failing of their army.

It’s interesting that Gaz Prom now wants to start up its own army as well. With all these private militias popping up could we eventually see Russia falling into being a failed state where wealthy companies power grab parts of it and set up their own countries within Russias borders?

Well russia is an empire in all but name, could quickly descend into several factions power grabbing and trying to declare independence. But apparently putin and his police have a vice like grip over the lot of it.

No chance 500k,IMO.
We've seen many,many videos posted on here of Russians complaining about no equipment etc.
I posted a video myself of a captured tank commander,who's tank would not fire.....he was told to "just drive about"
We've seen videos of ancient equipment brought out of storage also.
Missiles that simply explode or return to sender when fired.
And then we got the many video of old men and men with disabilities who have been called up.
Again,I posted one the other day of an old bloke with one eye and tuberculosis who had been called up.
Let's not forget the hundreds of thousands of men who fled Russia.
And they reckon they will get another 500k?
Complete bollocks,IMO.

Slava Ukraini.

Well russia is an empire in all but name, could quickly descend into several factions power grabbing and trying to declare independence. But apparently putin and his police have a vice like grip over the lot of it.

It’s bonkers that Gaz Prom, who used to have a call centre in Manchester and was a utility supplier in the U.K. Will now put together an army of hired goons to go kill people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.