Russian invasion of Ukraine

Stroll in and take over what?

Radioactive lands of destruction and desolation.

The Chinese would rather sidle in quietly through the back door and have the world beholden to them because they own and control everything. A devastating world war is not in China's interests, although a weakened Russia and US is. Trump did his best, Putin is also doing his bit as well.
Metaphorically stroll in.

Why would he? What’s he got to lose if he fires them from Russia? Ukraine wouldn’t be able to retaliate so NATO would have to get involved the guy doesn’t care, that’s why China had to reel him in
Use of nuclear weapons is banned under international law.

The entire world, regardless of any immediate threat to themselves by Russia, would now have every justification in bringing the current Russian political regime to justice. If Putin launces a single nuclear weapon in anger he would hand the UN, not just NATO, a "come and arrest me" card.

The entire world, regardless of any immediate threat to themselves by Russia, would now have every justification in bringing the current Russian political regime to justice. If Putin launces a single nuclear weapon in anger he would hand the UN, not just NATO, a "come and arrest me" card.

I bet he`s shaking in his boots.

Do you seriously believe Putin gives a shit about international laws?

Phosphorus bombs are under that same law. He still used them

I bet he`s shaking in his boots.
I don't give a fuck if he is afraid of that eventuality or not. Putin knows that is a war he cannot win, Chinese support or otherwise.

Putin launches nukes he knows he's lost. That's why he's 'threatened' but still not used them. We called his bluff and continued to supply Ukraine with weapons and military equipment. He did nothing.

Do you seriously believe Putin gives a shit about international laws?

Phosphorus bombs are under that same law. He still used them
Of course not, but we're discussing his use of tactical nuclear weapons. He uses them, he loses. He knows that, which is why he's threatened them, but done nothing.

How can you explain why he hasn't used them yet? He has them, said he would use them, they are also banned, he'd have won the war many times over by now, so tell me why he hasn't? Hundreds of thousands of soldiers lost, military equipment destroyed, financal costs spiralling, yet one nuke would have gained him victory. So tell me why he hasn't used any, if he didn't fear NATO's response?

Of course not, but we're discussing his use of tactical nuclear weapons. He uses them, he loses. He knows that, which is why he's threatened them, but done nothing.

How can you explain why he hasn't used them yet? He has them, said he would use them, they are also banned, he'd have won the war many times over by now, so tell me why he hasn't? Hundreds of thousands of soldiers lost, military equipment destroyed, financal costs spiralling, yet one nuke would have gained him victory. So tell me why he hasn't used any, if he didn't fear NATO's response?
I think you need to go back and re read the post to which I gave this response as you now seem to be making a different argument.

I think you need to go back and re read the post to which I gave this response as you now seem to be making a different argument.
Correct, I am. In fact I don't even know what point you're trying to raise. I'm talking about the high improbability Putin would attempt to use nuclear weapons to 'win' the war as a viable tactic, which even he knows isn't, because the international response and Russia's vilification would be heightened rapidly.

What point were you making in asking if I thought Putin cared about international law?
I'm stating that Putin hasn't used nuclear weapons but continues to threaten to use them, to call NATO's bluff and it hasn't worked then, it won't work now, and we'll continue to support and supply Ukraine until the Russians are defeated.

I didn't even respond to your posts.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.