Russian invasion of Ukraine

Use of nuclear weapons is banned under international law.

The entire world, regardless of any immediate threat to themselves by Russia, would now have every justification in bringing the current Russian political regime to justice. If Putin launces a single nuclear weapon in anger he would hand the UN, not just NATO, a "come and arrest me" card.
UN absolute fucking joke I’m sure he will be worried, he’s committed thousands of crimes against humanity already the guy dont give a fuck

Correct, I am. In fact I don't even know what point you're trying to raise. I'm talking about the high improbability Putin would attempt to use nuclear weapons to 'win' the war as a viable tactic, which even he knows isn't.

What point were you making in asking if I thought Putin cared about international law?
I'm stating that Putin hasn't used nuclear weapons but continues to threaten to use them, to call NATO's bluff and it hasn't worked then, it won't work now, and we'll continue to support and supply Ukraine until the Russians are defeated.

I didn't even respond to your posts.
The use of nucs being banned by international law is irrelevant to Putin. He has already provided the rest of the world sufficient justification to " come and arrest me" and no one has.

Personally, I could see him use dirty bombs should things get worse for him, even small tact nucs as he has no regard for human life, even Russian life

UN absolute fucking joke I’m sure he will be worried, he’s committed thousands of crimes against humanity already the guy dont give a fuck
And because of that you think he'd still use nukes if he was cornered? That he'd see that as a viable option to victory knowing he hasn't got the strength to defeat a NATO response? That China would support him in effectively destroying the modern world?

Your opinion of the UN still doesn't change the fact that use of nuclear weapons are banned under international law, and once used that nation becomes intantly vilified and NATO would be given carte blanche to use all necessary force to remove the current regime from power, with the UN's blessing.

The use of nucs being banned by international law is irrelevant to Putin. He has already provided the rest of the world sufficient justification to " come and arrest me" and no one has.

Personally, I could see him use dirty bombs should things get worse for him, even small tact nucs as he has no regard for human life, even Russian life
Yes, Putin doesn't care, but then why hasn't he used them yet?

Because he knows they are tactically inefficient to his end goals. He wants to win, he uses them, he loses, because NATO would not let it slide. Small tactical nuclear weapons are STILL nuclear weapons. IRBM, ICBM doesn't matter. You detonate one in anger against another sovereign nation, you are done, son.

Not even China would be able to defend their usage.

And because of that you think he'd still use nukes if he was cornered? That he'd see that as a viable option to victory knowing he hasn't got the strength to defeat a NATO response? That China would support him in effectively destroying the modern world?

Your opinion of the UN still doesn't change the fact that use of nuclear weapons are banned under international law, and once used that nation becomes intantly vilified and NATO would be given carte blanche to use all necessary force to remove the current regime from power, with the UN's blessing.
Can you answer me this. Do you think NATO and the International community doesn't already have sufficient justification to take Putin and his regime out due to him already having broken international law in this (and previous) wars?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.