Russian invasion of Ukraine

Air raid sirens going off in Kyiv and Zelensky and Biden are just walking about.

Slava Ukraini.
Don't read too much into the sirens Spiderboy, they're just playing for dramatic effect and propaganda.

The Russians were notified of Biden's visit and wouldn't have been launching rockets or implementing air strikes on the city while he was there. Aside from a possible loose cannon wandering the streets, Biden was pretty safe.

Wonderful to see Biden in Kyiv.

Russia's only hope is that US support falters. Let's hope US voters don't give Putin any way out.

I was wondering if it was more directed to Europe roubaixtuesday and making sure they stay resolute to the cause. The US would struggle on their own.

Without the support from both Europe and the US, Ukraine are finished. I agree with Macron that Russia shouldn't be crushed, but they have to be beaten and in my view, not keep any of the land they lay claim to. If that is allowed to happen, then all of these Ukrainian deaths have been in vain.

I was wondering if it was more directed to Europe roubaixtuesday and making sure they stay resolute to the cause. The US would struggle on their own.

Without the support from both Europe and the US, Ukraine are finished. I agree with Macron that Russia shouldn't be crushed, but they have to be beaten and in my view, not keep any of the land they lay claim to. If that is allowed to happen, then all of these Ukrainian deaths have been in vain.
Russia is a very long way from being defeated

Oh I agree Idaho.

The problem is many don't see (or are blind to) the Ukraine casualty side of this. The Russians may have issues and have made many mistakes, but are still a formidable force to be fighting.
Not really happy with Biden's visit, where is this whole thing gonna end ?

Not really happy with Biden's visit, where is this whole thing gonna end ?
It's not going to end for a quite a while, I guess.

Ukraine can keep going as long as it continues to receive support from Europe, the US and others.

Russia will incur the greater casualties, but it will be able to sustain that.

Europe's support will fracture (surprised it has even got this far to be honest).

The US people will tire of the war and support for it will wain.

Ukraine won't accept an end until Russia leaves entirely.

Russia won't want to lose face and won't leave until it has the land it wants.

Basically it will be a war of attrition until support for Ukraine eventually declines.

It's not going to end for a quite a while, I guess.

Ukraine can keep going as long as it continues to receive support from Europe, the US and others.

Russia will incur the greater casualties, but it will be able to sustain that.

Europe's support will fracture (surprised it has even got this far to be honest).

The US people will tire of the war and support for it will wain.

Ukraine won't accept an end until Russia leaves entirely.

Russia won't want to lose face and won't leave until it has the land it wants.

Basically it will be a war of attrition until support for Ukraine eventually declines.
alas, I can't see a better result, the worse case scenario is awful. For all the people advocating more response from the West, sure it sounds great, I personally would like to see Putin fucked over, not sure that's how it's all going to pan out

alas, I can't see a better result, the worse case scenario is awful. For all the people advocating more response from the West, sure it sounds great, I personally would like to see Putin fucked over, not sure that's how it's all going to pan out
I think most would like to see him fucked over........or worse, but he's got such a tight grip on the country, it's not going to happen.

There will never be any accountability for war crimes committed and no reparations paid for the damage caused.

If, and it would be a big if, he was displaced, who knows whether his replacement would be better or far worse.

Once this is all over, you're going to see the likes of Germany, France and Italy etc all sucking up to Russia for trade and energy. Give it 10 or 15 years and Russia will be at it again, albeit a lot wiser and not so complacent.

I think most would like to see him fucked over........or worse, but he's got such a tight grip on the country, it's not going to happen.

There will never be any accountability for war crimes committed and no reparations paid for the damage caused.

If, and it would be a big if, he was displaced, who knows whether his replacement would be better or far worse.

Once this is all over, you're going to see the likes of Germany, France and Italy etc all sucking up to Russia for trade and energy. Give it 10 or 15 years and Russia will be at it again, albeit a lot wiser and not so complacent.
Geography>politics

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.