Russian invasion of Ukraine

What has also dawned on me over here amongst them all is the total lack of culture they have and the lack of anything they add to the world.

They outnumber everyone here in the resort I'm in, but they sit glum faced in Irish bars, English bars, English music playing everywhere, Italian restaurants, Indian Restaurants, Chinese Restaurants, but guess what there is fuck all Russian. Nothing at all. They even all where foreign clothing.

Never thought about it before, but they add fuck all to the world.
Borsch, dont forget borsch.

Early on my trip yet but they seem rich and a bit show offy, but reasonably quiet.

However, I did a bit of research and although they are all over Thailand and especially Phuket there are certain places to especially avoid.

Hope I'm not about to spoil your plans, but I've been led to believe you really need to avoid the south of Phuket and especially Phuket town.

Obviously I haven't been so can't confirm.
Thanks.
Not doing Phuket
Just Bkk and Saraburi

I think it’s fair to say that given the size of the country their cultural impact for the last 100 years has been relatively limited.

This, and what you posted, may go some way to explain their crippling insecurity.
Post the revolution, the CP kept a strong hold on creative work in which artists of all disciplines were limited as to what kind of output was allowed. Russian artists who got out were often pretty good. Think dancers, musicians, writers, painters.

Ukrainian
"In 2022, the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) announced that it had placed borscht on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding due to the risk that Russia's invasion posed to the soup's status as an element of Ukraine's cultural heritage.[3] The new status means Ukraine could now apply for special funds to finance projects promoting and protecting the dish."

Who bombed the pipeline?
If you follow the money the answer is Gazprom.
They would now be bankrupt without the pioelines being blown up. Not supplying the quantity of gas in contracts costs a lot of money.
Only force majeur contract clauses as a result of the destruction of the pipelines have prevented this happening.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.