Russian invasion of Ukraine

Russia went in to this with a big pile of cash, they planned for it. But they thought it would be done and dusted by now.
They thought it would be "done and dusted" by March 2022.

China probably does know and they will be calculating what it looks like going forward. And what is in their interest, a failed Russian state is bad for them. But also why would they prop up Putin with no end game in sight?
There is no reason for them to prop up putin at all, it must be clear to their government he's losing, I'm sure they're supplying him stuff but it will be mostly low level, pretty much untraceable, and supplied through third parties, but they're also supplying the west similrarly, and I'm sure we'll be paying full value, unlike putin, who would you pick ?

Yes, I do think that Zelensky genuinely cares and feels for every Ukranian death, but that Putin simply looks where the next "peasant" from the "russian empire" (not the major cities) and goes back to admiring his model of the Kerch bridge in his office.
As much as any top level leader can, he believes that he has to represent the principle of every one of his citizens being allowed to live their lives in peace.

One of the basic foundations of democracy.

It's a murky picture. Russia went in to this with a big pile of cash, they planned for it. But they thought it would be done and dusted by now.

We have no idea what they are getting done in terms of trade with other rougue states and how big the deficit is / how long they continue.

China probably does know and they will be calculating what it looks like going forward. And what is in their interest, a failed Russian state is bad for them. But also why would they prop up Putin with no end game in sight?
The majority of economists in the West say that Russia is riding for a fall as reserves dwindle. Their alternative markets for gas and oil pay well below market price and some don’t pay at all.
Against that, they have trade thru the back door of friendly states who supply them with western goods.
A long slow economic decline is most likely.

I fucking love Poland

Ftr2wkHXgAIk5UJ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.