Russian invasion of Ukraine

The Ukraine just needs to keep going.

Young Russians have had time to start asking questions. They are finally waking up to the fact that they have been lied to.
I see more and more are openly questioning the authorities. More and more are happy to say (on camera) they will refuse a draft if need be. They see the new laws coming in and realise it's not for their benefit.
It doesn't seem much, but attitudes needed to change before any real chance Russia/Putin backing off.

Older Russians will never change. They are too far gone. But even they don't want to see their children die for a stupid man's vanity project.

I think this war will force military experts to redefine what the definition of air superiority actually means with the integral part that drones of a reconnaissance and attack nature that @KS55 mentions have brought to the dynamics of this war since they first crossed the border. I have read that there is a furious race to build unmanned attack aircraft (the more conventional ones rather than the Iranian drones) and noticeable that Iran are looking at shifting production of kamikaze drones to Belarus to avoid sanctions.

Sounds a bit like science fiction, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could see swarms of drones in future face off against each other, they can be mass produced fairly cheaply and eliminate the risk of pilot capture or death. Low orbiting satellite communications have also been vital to the Ukrainian communication logistics with Starlink, I imagine military spending moving there in relation to taking them out via jamming mechanisms or hardware to take them out.

China are redirecting a lot of their defence budget to drones on the back of the analysis of this war.

The new RAF Tempest will have unmanned swarming drones that can be released by the pilot and will be either autonomous or controlled by the pilot that will do things like defend the plane from incoming threats as well as act as additional firepower when on offensive.

The new RAF Tempest will have unmanned swarming drones that can be released by the pilot and will be either autonomous or controlled by the pilot that will do things like defend the plane from incoming threats as well as act as additional firepower when on offensive.
Been following this for a few years as have bae shares and it's an amazing co project with Japan and Italy and will possess some pretty mind bending avionics. I thought it would be hard to surpass the F22/35 raptors for some time in all honesty, mind you the tempest is only looking to come into action around 2035

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.