Russian invasion of Ukraine

The Russians blew up this road to stop Ukrainian Forces.
It come out of the North of Ukraine and goes into Belarus and Russia.
Kyiv in 3 days eh?

Slava Ukraini.

View attachment 81358
We talk a lot about the Russians pretending to their domestic audience that they fear an invasion of Russia, but does this indicate that they actually believe it?

Or is it simply to stop their troops being chased "out of town"?

Thanks again for your updates, by the way. We all say this occasionally, but you, CTID1977 and a few others do a great job of making sure the latest info is always available in this thread. It's a great source of info when read alongside the other news feeds (and is frequently ahead of them!)

We talk a lot about the Russians pretending to their domestic audience that they fear an invasion of Russia, but does this indicate that they actually believe it?

It's definitely to stop things coming out of Ukraine.
There ain't no Russians gonna be using that road mate,it's about 180km Northeast of Kyiv.

Slava Ukraini.

Thanks again for your updates, by the way. We all say this occasionally, but you, CTID1977 and a few others do a great job of making sure the latest info is always available in this thread. It's a great source of info when read alongside the other news feeds (and is frequently ahead of them!)
This is my go to source for up to date detailed info. The ITK posters here plus Daily Kos make a perfect combination. My thanks to all.

Attacks on russian soil will galvanise russian people behind any war effort toa degree..
I’m not sure that’s true. Despite their pathological paranoia about being invaded, the reality is that they haven’t been subject to any attack from a foreign power on their soil for about 80 years.

A combination of those two factors means they are psychologically ill-equipped to deal with these attacks, especially in the more lavish quarters of their two main cities.

Attacks on russian soil will galvanise russian people behind any war effort toa degree.... I am not so sure it isnt Russia doing these attacks tbh.

Hard to divine I think.

Certainly will ensure air defence assets remain or are moved there rather than the frontline.

Definitely a morale boost for Ukrainian popoulation.

Whether it brings home to the Russian populace (and particularly those in positions of influence) that they can't escape the consequences of the invasion, so focusses opposition, or alternatively as you suggest, galvanises them to support the regime, I couldn't even start to guess.

I'd be astonished if it were Russia. Very hard to see what Putin gains from showing their vulnerability. My astonishment however, is not necessarily a reliable guide to events!

Got to laugh at Putin "these recent attacks on Russian soil are acts of terrorism by Ukraine"

Does he expect Ukraine just bends over and accepts every building in their land to be demolished and ransacked; never mind the abhorant cruelty their soldiers have inflicted on women and children, without anything coming back their way

Fuck off Putin you knobhead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.