Russian invasion of Ukraine

Pushing hard from Vuhledar area,Donetsk Region,heading South.
Also Ukrainian Forces furthest East in Zaporizhzhia Region,have turned Southeast........Mariupol....has to be.

Slava Ukraini.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but these advances seem slow and comparatively small compared to the overall task required. With im guessing pretty high rates of attrition to the UA. I'm just guessing as I'm no expert but it would seem that without significant air power. Its going to take a long long time and a lot of equipment and Ukrainian lives to push the Russian invaders out of your country?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but these advances seem slow and comparatively small compared to the overall task required. With im guessing pretty high rates of attrition to the UA. I'm just guessing as I'm no expert but it would seem that without significant air power. Its going to take a long long time and a lot of equipment and Ukrainian lives to push the Russian invaders out of your country?

I think it's the other way round tbh. They are taking their time and being very methodical which lowers attrition. They are destroying all the rear with strikes and then flanking towns and villages cutting them off from their reserves.

They have been trained on Warthogs..100%.
This was last August,when training started.

Slava Ukraini.
Why not just leave the 100 US jets (F-16s, A-10s) taking part in "Air Defender 23" in Europe ready to be passed to Ukraine at a later moment? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Who knows, maybe Ukrainian pilots are already having good training there...

I think it's the other way round tbh. They are taking their time and being very methodical which lowers attrition. They are destroying all the rear with strikes and then flanking towns and villages cutting them off from their reserves.
I posted a while back about how I saw a similarity between various things that happened during the Spanish Civil War and how things have happened in this war.
The use by the Republicans/Russians of waves of assaults, the meat grinder in fuill effect. The way they felt they had to completely control towns/villages before moving on. This was seen as a huge failing in the Spanish war, with the Republicans wasting time and effort clearing towns that they could just surround/cut off and move on. This was mirrored by the Russians most notably with Mariupol and to a degree Bakhmut.
It cost the Republicans then and it seems the Russians have simply copied their play book that they used way back in the 30s.
The Ukrainians are clearly more tactically aware and arent tied to military dogma and ego. A case of what works and minimises loss of life. Life means something to a human being ....but not to the Russian "Master Strategist Nonce Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.

I would also guess that they are still working their way through line of defence that have been constructed. Once clear of these and a reliable supply route is in place the pace of advancement will increase.

Why not just leave the 100 US jets (F-16s, A-10s) taking part in "Air Defender 23" in Europe ready to be passed to Ukraine at a later moment? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Who knows, maybe Ukrainian pilots are already having good training there...
Posted this about 3 week ago.
i think they let it slip.

Slava Ukraini.

Screenshot_20230616-065923_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm far from an expert but I think that once they take a big town, Russian defence will collapse for many miles around it and they will take huge swathes of land quickly.

Yes,it will take time,and,unfortunately,lives will be lost.
The Russians have been dug in in some areas for over 12 months.
Had plenty of time to prepare defensive positions and lay mines.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.