Russian invasion of Ukraine

I'm far from an expert but I think that once they take a big town, Russian defence will collapse for many miles around it and they will take huge swathes of land quickly.
Don't think so.
Blocking detachments will probably make sure of that. Fight or die seems to be tge message to the Russian mobiks.
A month or two of atritional attacks designed to suck in andeliminate Russian reserves, then hopefully a breakthrough to the coast.

Oleshki is an interesting one as that is on the left/east bank of the Dinipro and was flooded.
In fact I've just checked and the floods are still pretty extensive. So unlikely to be true.

General Oleksii Hromov, reported that Ukrainian forces have advanced up to 3km near Mala Tokmachka in western Zaporizhia Oblast and up to 7km near Velyka Novosilka in western Donetsk Oblast, adding that Ukrainian troops have now liberated seven settlements in those areas since beginning the offensive.

Russian mikitary bloggers are saying the mud from 5 days of heavy rain earlier in the month are drying up and as a consequence Ukrainian operations are also stepping up.

Desperate defending in 4 or 5 areas around Bakhumut, Soledar and Klishchiivka. Massed meat counter attacks getting mown down with chain guns and heavy/light machine guns with supporting Russian artillery getting destroyed by counter battery fire.

i have to say that the Russian tactics are crazy. The Ukrainians take a few trenches overnight and the Russians throw everything at them to take them back. The Ukrainians are prepared though. Best to bend a bit and exhaust the Ukrainian offensives but no, every millimetre must be defended to the last man.

Last edited:
Desperate defending in 4 or 5 areas around Bakhumut, Soledar and Klishchiivka. Massed meat counter attacks getting mown down with chain guns and heavy/light machine guns with supporting Russian artillery getting destroyed by counter battery fire.

i have to say that t⁰he Russian tactics are crazy. The Ukrainians take a few trenches overnight and the Russians throw everything at them to take them back. The Ukrainians are prepared though. Best to bend a bit and exhaust the Ukrainian offensives but no, every millimetre must be defended to the last man.
I'm no military historian but surely this russian invasion must rank in the top 5 of military disasters in history? It will be a future text book study in how to totally fail in all your strategical, political , social and economic objectives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.