Russian invasion of Ukraine

Do we know if they've done the rail bridge as well.

I see Moscow are claiming it's Stormshadow on the orders of London.
Im not so sure about storm shadow.
It has a delayed detonation and firstly penetrates the target and then detonates.
Would it not of detonated in the water?

Slava Ukraini.

Im not so sure about storm shadow.
It has a delayed detonation and firstly penetrates the target and then detonates.
Would it not of detonated in the water?

Slava Ukraini.
Storm Shadow is just a delivery mechanism that comes in different favours, what they are saying has been used is exactly what I said they needed to use last night on the thread. Its the storm shadow with the french KRISS submunition which is used for destroying runways. Its a type of cluster bomb but the submunitions are not as small as the bomblet type that were outlawed.

Whilst they call it Apache its the same missile as Storm Shadow but with the cluster munition warhead.

Last edited:
Storm Shadow is just a delivery mechanism that comes in different favours, what they are saying has been used is exactly what I said they needed to use last night on the thread. Its the storm shadow with the french KRISS submunition which is used for destroying runways. Its a type of cluster bomb but the submunitions are not as small as the bomblet type that were outlawed.

Whilst they call it Apache its the same missile as Storm Shadow but with the cluster munition warhead.

It was more a question mate.
Read the bottom part of this pic...i was asking,would it not of gone clean through the bridge and not bury itself in the river bed then explode?

Slava Ukraini.

Screenshot_20230622-232856_Samsung Internet.jpg

It was more a question mate.
Read the bottom part of this pic...i was asking,would it not of gone clean through the bridge and not bury itself in the river bed then explode?

Slava Ukraini.

View attachment 84256
Thats a standard warhead though this one I think will be the Apache (Arme Planante À Charges Éjectables) version. So not a single bomb, but 10 smaller 50kg bombs inside that are dispensed just before impact. They would devastate a bridge deck as they aren't designed to penetrate the surface but instead detonate on the surface.

These are the different variants of the same platform which are all generically the same but with different warheads.

Screenshot_20230622-235607.png

Last edited:
Thats a standard warhead though this one I think will be the Apache (Arme Planante À Charges Éjectables) version. So not a single bomb, but 10 smaller 50kg bombs inside that are dispensed just before impact. They would devastate a bridge deck as they aren't designed to penetrate the surface but instead detonate on the surface.

These are the different variants of the same platform which are all generically the same but with different warheads.

View attachment 84258
Right,gotcha......i did not know there was different versions of Storm Shadow.Knew it was a French/British thing,but just thought it blew the fuck out of what it hit.
Some of the Western weapons really are incredible how they work.
Cheers for that.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.