Russian invasion of Ukraine

That recorded speech from Putin was pretty desperate stuff . He knows he is done doesn’t he . Ukraine media sources are very upbeat tonight and reckon they have “incredible “ information……..

Those who did not shed blood can sign a contract or move to Belarus - Putin​

Let's now hear a bit more from Russian President Vladimir Putin's address on state TV.
Putin thanked the nation for unity, adding that all necessary decisions to neutralise threat were taken at the very beginning, and "the mutiny would have been suppressed anyway, organisers realised their actions were criminal".
Putin told Russians those who staged the "mutiny" wanted Russia to lose "and our society to drown in blood, but they miscalculated".
He went on to thank all security services "who stayed loyal to their oath" as well as pilots who died.
He added that steps were taken to avoid major bloodshed, "but it took time".
"I thank Wagner soldiers and commanders who did not shed blood - you can sign a contract with the Ministry of Defence, or move to Belarus," he said.

So the Wagner soldiers are fucked.

Sign for the Russian army or go to Belarus and do what?

So the Wagner soldiers are fucked.

Sign for the Russian army or go to Belarus and do what?
It’s like a please stand down Wagner troops from Putin . It was woeful he is well and truly done .

I know @Paul1970 clearly has an attachment to his homeland of Hungary, to to conflate how Hungary acted prior and during WWII to Ukraine's stance being just a republic of the Soviet's who engaged in ethnic and cultural cleansing to remove the Ukraine nationality (same as now)...is just... unfactual.

The 1st paragraph of
During World War II, the Kingdom of Hungary was a member of the Axis powers.[1] In the 1930s, the Kingdom of Hungary relied on increased trade with Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany to pull itself out of the Great Depression. Hungarian politics and foreign policy had become more stridently nationalistic by 1938, and Hungary adopted an irredentist policy similar to Germany's, attempting to incorporate ethnic Hungarian areas in neighboring countries into Hungary. Hungary benefited territorially from its relationship with the Axis. Settlements were negotiated regarding territorial disputes with the Czechoslovak Republic, the Slovak Republic, and the Kingdom of Romania. On November 20, 1940, Hungary became the fourth member to join the Axis powers when it signed the Tripartite Pact.[2] The following year, Hungarian forces participated in the invasion of Yugoslavia and the invasion of the Soviet Union. Their participation was noted by German observers for its particular cruelty, with occupied peoples subjected to arbitrary violence. Hungarian volunteers were sometimes referred to as engaging in "murder tourism."
... I think is an apt summation of how Hungary acted...presumably longing for a return of the past, and their empire.

1956 is a whole new ballgame, however. As per the Prague Spring of 1968, it was an inevitable wipe out of national fervour. The 'West' wasn't going to intervene past the Iron curtain.

@Paul1970 Every nation has shame of their past... I doubt you'll find any nation other than maybe Bhutan that hasn't caused their neighbours crap for any number of reasons. Blindly washing away the past and conflating is not the way. Concilliation and embracing differences, is.
Good reading mate and I am very attached to Hungary and yes Hungary did side with Germany and are still a nationalist country or patriotic as others think . Like I said before my opinions are not for the majority but they are my opinions . Fuck it I’m going back to talking about football which is less stressful.

Good reading mate and I am very attached to Hungary and yes Hungary did side with Germany and are still a nationalist country or patriotic as others think . Like I said before my opinions are not for the majority but they are my opinions . Fuck it I’m going back to talking about football which is less stressful.
I think the issue may have been, your strident defence of Hungary, which was understandable… it’s your country… no one likes their country being dissed. But it felt to me, and clearly others , a bit like you were air brushing over the facts.

nationalism, can clearly lead to jingosim, and then just abject stubbornness in the face of facts. (Hello trumpist’s).

Stay with the thread, it needs varied opinions, else it’s just an echo chamber… but it needs factual varied opinions.

Girkin tearing into putin on telegram, he not worried?

Part 2 of putins speech due soon apparently announcing a reshuffle in mod but not the top 2 guys. Surely that's some sort of win for Prigozhin if he does that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.