Russian invasion of Ukraine

Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Forces Sergey Surovikin and his deputy, Colonel-General Yudin,have been arrested and taken to a "pre-trial detention centre.
Apparently knew all about Prigozhin's plans.

Slava Ukraini.

Just put of curiosity because I know there are some knowledgeable military types on here, how many air defence systems do we have in the UK in comparison to what they have in Ukraine, Poland etc and are they always ready to be mobilised, it's something I've always wondered
Pretty much NONE.
Sea Viper on ships.
Rapier (ancient) being replaced with Skysabre this year. (Shortish range - a few km)
Starstreak MANPADS in units. (Very short range) - excellent kit taking a huge toll of Russian helicopters and support aviation in Ukraine.
- No real medium range capablity like NASMS (Starstreak is good but not the range of NASMS)
- No long range capability like Patriot.
- No cheap anti drone system like Gépard.

Yes, just another example of how shit our military actually is. You'd have thought it was a priority since Feb 22 - but no another example of how shit this government is.

EDIT: There is a medium range version of Saysabre missile that can be used up to 100km but not introduced yet.

Last edited:
Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Forces Sergey Surovikin and his deputy, Colonel-General Yudin,have been arrested and taken to a "pre-trial detention centre.
Apparently knew all about Prigozhin's plans.

Slava Ukraini.
This shows that Putin cannot hold on indefinitely. These two are just the tip of the iceberg. Russia is destabilising.

Pretty much NONE.
Sea Viper on ships.
Rapier (ancient) being replaced with Skysabre this year. (Shortish range - a few km)
Starstreak MANPADS in units. (Very short range)
- No real medium range capablity like NASMS (Starstreak is good but not tHe range of NASMS)
- No long range capability like Patriot.
- No cheap anti drone system like Gérard.

Yes, just another example of how shit our military actually is.

Thank you, very interesting but scary at the same time considering we are a bloody Island, the only way you attack us is by air or sea! I'm guessing this is why being part of NATO and knowing we all have each others backs is so bloody important!

Thank you, very interesting but scary at the same time considering we are a bloody Island, the only way you attack us is by air or sea! I'm guessing this is why being part of NATO and knowing we all have each others backs is so bloody important!
We'd be fucked if we weren't a member if NATO.
Air defence is actually the biggest area of concern for the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.