Russian invasion of Ukraine

Ukraine has received cluster munitions from the US, after President Joe Biden last week approved their transfer to Ukraine.“We just got them, we haven't used them yet, but they can radically change [the battlefield],” Brig. Gen. Oleksandr Tarnavskyi, commander of the Tavria Joint Forces Operation, said to CNN.

Could it be that the F16s will be available as a defence for Ukraine once the invaders have been pushed back within their own land boarders? Something that would stop an invasion happening again. I don't see NATO aircraft crossing into the airspace of Russia. I think with the aid from the West Ukraine will expel the Russians and hope that the map will again look as it was before 2014. However what will Putin exal do then? Does the boarder between Russia and the Ukrain end up like N and S Korea? Basically a stalemate with troops staring across the line at each other for miles?

Lavrov says,the appearance of any F-16s on Ukrainian territory,will be seen as a nuclear threat from the West,towards Russia.

Slava Ukraini.

Our weekly nuclear threatogram. If I was in charge I’d tell Lavrov to shit or get off the potty with his nuclear threats. Which is probably why I’m not in charge.

F-16 and MiG-29 do have similarities....I don't think training will be as long as is being said.
I actually do think some pilots have already been trained.

Slava Ukraini.

Pilots are only part of the challenge. I read somewhere that the infrastructure will take a while as well to support F-16s, longer runways are required amongst training ground crews to maintain etc.

Ukraine counter offensive is certainly being delayed without local air superiority, shame we didn’t commit to F-16s 12 months ago but we are where we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.