Russian invasion of Ukraine

Too right. Pisses me off that Russian sports people are sneaking their way back into various sports across the globe. Fuck them right off would be my vote. Too many limp-wristed governing bodies are bending over for the Russian nonces instead of having a moral compass and telling them to fuck off or see us in court. We should be turning Russia and Russians into a terrorist state. We wouldn’t let AlQuaeda form a gymnastics team and take on our boys down at Olympia would we? Or bat a ball over a net in South London. So why the fuck are we allowing Russian nonces to do so? It’s infuriating!
Especially since Russian sports are state funded from an early age.

We had a few in the Wimbledon thread saying, ‘it’s not their fault they just happened to be born there’… yet if it wasn’t for Putin’s funding, they wouldn’t be professional tennis players.

It’s a horrific they are letting Russians compete in the Paris Olympics next year. I won’t watch a single minute of it, letting them into Wimbledon as well legitimising them as a country when they should be pariahs.
Thankfully UEFA have done the right thing and still aren’t letting their teams play in the CL, EL and EC and their national team can’t play in the Euros.

Thankfully UEFA have done the right thing and still aren’t letting their teams play in the CL, EL and EC and their national team can’t play in the Euros.

One of the very few things Uefa have actually got right considering the amount of money they were getting from Gazprom for sponsorship.

Especially since Russian sports are state funded from an early age.

We had a few in the Wimbledon thread saying, ‘it’s not their fault they just happened to be born there’… yet if it wasn’t for Putin’s funding, they wouldn’t be professional tennis players.

Also, that's not the point. Ukrainian tennis players have had their ability to train, compete and indeed live taken away by Russia. To allow Russian tennis players to continue in these circumstances is wrong.

Poland have moved units from the West of the country,to it's Eastern borders.

Slava Ukraini.

I see Putin was rambling about the Western territories of Poland being a gift from Stalin and they will be reminded of that. How can any other country in the world take him serious as a leader of a nation when he basically talks like Dr Evil with his threats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.